Taken

As I exit LAX, I take a deep, long breath while I'm waiting on my Uber. I head back to my place in Santa Monica and work on some music. I've been stuck for a while on one part, but suddenly, it just comes to me. I record it and play it back.

Me: Finally! At long last, it's finally done!

I send my demo to UMG and take a deep breath. I then put on some Blackpink and BTS music and start dancing and singing along. All of a sudden, there's a loud knock on my door, causing me to jump in surprise. No one ever knocks on my door. Never. I turn down my music and go answer the door.

Me: Hello?

No one's there. I walk to the end of the short hallway and still see no one, so I head back into my apartment. An unfamiliar scent hits my nose and I stop, instantly alert.

Me: Hello? Who's there?

Suddenly, I hear a female rapping. Wait, that sounds like... There's no way. It can't possibly be her. But what if it is? says the insanely unrealistic part of my mind. Shut up! I tell it. The rapping stops. If I'm right about who that is, I know where she'll be. I head to my library, and sit in one of two chairs in an isolated corner. A moment later, a woman laden with multiple books walks to the other chair and sets the books down. She still doesn't see me.

Me: Annyeong haseyo.

She jumps as I smile at her.

Woman: Wh-who are you?

Me: I'm the guy that lives here.
Woman: Oh crap! I'm so sorry!

Me: If it was anyone else, I'd be booting their ass out the door.
Woman: So you know who I am then?
Me: You could say that. Your name is D-
Woman: Please, don't say it! Please just call me Elian.

Me: Elian, huh? ... Wait... you!

She suddenly switches to a perfect Australian accent.

Elian: Yes, Andrew, it's me. I've lived here for a year now. Well, a couple doors down anyway. I've heard you struggle with that song for the last five months since you moved in. It did get quite annoying.

Me: Yeah, sorry...
Elian: It's okay. Your time in South Korea really worked wonders, didn't it?
Me: Yeah, I guess it did... By the way, how did I never notice that you lived here?

Elian: Because you never looked. Plus, you almost never came out of this apartment.
Me: Oh yeah... haha.
Elian: Do you mind if I sit here and read for a bit?
Me: Sure. Have fun in book land. And by the way, I have a library for a reason, and I didn't just  build it for myself.

I walk out, smirking, and go to my room. I fall asleep without realizing it. And with sleep come the dreams.

I'm walking down the hall of my apartment complex, and I bump into someone. As I stumble, I'm picked back up. I can't see who picked me up because their hair is in my face. The only thing I can figure out is that it's a female. She starts whispering. "Wake up. Wake up! WAKE UP!"

I jolt awake, and I'm nearly blinded by the light shining through my window.

Elian: Andrew, the police are outside. What do we do?
Me: I don't know...

Someone suddenly bangs on the door, which makes me jump a foot in the air. Elian giggles, and I look down, gasp, and get dresses.

Me: I didn't undress before falling asleep.
Elian: Are you sure?
Me: Yes, I'm sure.

I go answer the door to reveal a sheriff.

Me: Yes, Officer?
Officer: My name is Sheriff Jenson, and I have a warrant for your arrest.
Me: For what?
Jenson: Four females disappeared from Seoul, South Korea, the other day, and the last person to see them was you.
Me: What, you think I kidnapped them? That's insane!

He hands me two pieces of paper. One was a warrant, and one was a subpoena.

Me: What the hell? There's something seriously wrong here.
Jenson: I'm sorry, sir. I need you to come with me now.
Me: Can I just say goodbye to my friend?
Jenson: Sure.
Me: Elian!

Elian comes out and hugs me. I whisper to her.

Me: Remember this number: 71245.
Elian: What? What are you talking about??
Me: You'll know when the time is right. Just remember that number in one week. Please!
Elian: Okay, fine! I'll remember.

She suddenly puts her lips on mine. I'm taken aback, but I play it cool and kiss her back.

Me: Don't worry, everything will be alright.
Jenson: Sir, it's time to go.

I break away from Elian and go with the sheriff.

A smirk appears on my lips as I'm walking away. This is gonna be interesting...