Chapter 2

I had no idea what happened. One second ago, I was in a plane, crashing to earth. The next second, I blacked out. But what was even weirder was that I was alive. Weirder than that, no plane to be seen. But I didn't know where I was. I didn't want to start walking around in the middle of nowhere, anything could happen.

I was in the middle of a field. The girls surrounded by woods and the darkness of the night. That's strange though, because I hadn't been on the plane that long and we had left early in the morning. I guess I blacked out longer than I thought.

A cold wind blew in from my right, giving me shivers, I was only wearing a dress. Blue, yellow and red dress with black flats. My dark hair was tied up in a bun to keep the hair from sticking to my ruby red lips. In conclusion, I was freezing.

I got up from where I was lying and was able to see much more than I had when I was sitting down. Past the woods was a small town, lit up by the light of a full moon. And further than that was a castle on a hill. This place I had blacked out in sure was something!

But I couldn't leave, not until morning when it would be safer. And I sure wasn't going to sleep, not outside with no protection whatsoever. Not in the middle of the night.

I pulled out my cellphone only to discover that it didn't work at all. It wouldn't turn on and make the cute little noise to let me know that it did in fact, turn on. So I went to put it in my luggage. But then I realized, I had none. No extra clothes, no perfume, no deodorant, no food. Nothing. Now, I decided, I should walk to the small town and ask around. Maybe they had a phone, especially if there's a castle nearby.

I slowly walked towards the town, it was sort of hard in flats, only to discover that there was no trail or road leading out of the field.

"I'll have to go through the woods then." I whispered to myself. I carefully set one foot in front of the other. The woods were dark and dangerous and I couldn't see anything at all. Just the light of the moon casting a hazy glow, that almost solved my main problem, on everything. I had to feel my way out of the forest.

About dive falls, a million scratches, a bleeding leg, and thirty minutes later, I stumbled, literally, upon a dirt road heading in the general direction of the town and castle. I followed it like the average person would. Eventually I heard something loud and...neighing up ahead. Neighing? I quickened my pace, but I tripped on a medium sized rock and scratched my hands which broke my fall. But now I must have looked like a wreck, messy hair, scraped leg, scratched arms, legs, and feet, torn dress, runny makeup. I sighed realizing how weird I must look right now.

Suddenly, the loud thing I had heard, came barreling straight towards me. I tried to move, but found I couldn't. My dress was caught on something. I turn to look at what it was, and saw a a nail poking up out of the road. I pulled on my dress, but it didn't do much good. The thing was only a hundred feet away at most.

Eighty feet.

Sixty.

Forty.

I'm going to die by the hands of something . I don't even know what the something is!

Twenty.

Goodbye.

But as soon as I had accepted my fate, the thing had stopped dead in its tracks. Now I see that it was a carriage. But who uses those anymore? No place I know except for New York City, and they practically torture their horses and get money in return. Horrible things people do just to get money.

Someone stepped out of the carriage and bent down slowly.

"Are you hurt? Oh dear you are! What happened?" It was a man with a very princely outfit. Very clean and fancy. He had a strange accent that I couldn't place at that moment, but I'm sure I would figure it out eventually. His manner of which he did things, like and down and speak, was fairly formal and kind-

"Miss? Did you hear me?" He looked concerned. How can someone be concerned for a stranger?

"Um yeah, sorry. I woke-well, its a long story. And yes, I am hurt, but its not that bad. I'll live." He helped get my dress free from the random nail and helped me up. He bowed and kissed my hand.

"What is your name, if I may ask?" His lips left my hand but I could still feel them as if they had never left.

I curtsied, and smiled.

"Snow. Snow White." He smiled boyishly and led me to the carriage.

"You shall get immediate medical attention, dear Snow. You are gravely injured and need a doctor." I attempted to get into the carriage and completely failed. He looked at me strangely.

"You're not from around here, are you?" He wondered aloud. I shook my head.

"How could you tell?" He regarded me in a weird manor and held up his hand so I could steady myself as I stepped into the carriage. I held onto it, but didn't want to grip it too tight as to make him uncomfortable. He must have felt it because he spoke.

"Feel free to tighten your grasp, Milady, we don't want you to hurt yourself again." I nodded and gripped tighter. I managed, just barely, to get in the carriage without dying. But somehow, the man had gotten in without stumbling, tripping, or any other mistake I would have made.

"You do not act like most women around here do. You are not formal. Why?" He asked once the carriage got moving again.

"Should I be?" I asked. I crossed my legs and arms in an attempt to be comfortable and warm but he looked at me with surprise. Quickly, I uncrossed my arms and legs.

"What land do you come from?"

"America. Please tell me I'm in America." I said desperately. He had a confused expression. But then it softened a bit to pity.

"You really don't know where you are, do you?" I shook my head. I should be in America at least. Only an hour or so away from home. No more, no less.

"Well, Snow White, this is not your America. This is the Borealis family kingdom. There are other kingdoms, but you're in Bien Vie. The people here are always nice and overly generous, from what I have experienced however. The princess is a beautiful young lady, but sad and lonely. A curse has set upon her and she is in a deep sleep and cannot wake up until broken by true lives first kiss. Suitors have come and gone with no luck. Which is why I am going o attempt it today. After we get you to a doctor. And the prince is dark and evil and can be really very mean to his people sometimes." I laughed at his speech and could not stop because he looked more confused than I have ever seen on anybody. Eventually I managed to stop.

"Why do you laugh, Mademoiselle?"

"A curse? You expect me to believe that? There is no such thing as magic or spells or curses. They don't exist." I told him. He looked offended, then I realized I had only been calling him, 'he' in my head.

"What is-"

"Why do you-" we had both started speaking at once, but he gestured for me to continue.

"What is your name?" I wondered. He looked surprised then crouched to the floor and kissed my hand a second time today. What a gentleman.

"Forgive me, my dear Snow White. You can call me David."

I nodded and looked out the carriage window in fascination. The vehicle rocked and bumped every now and then, but other than that the ride was smooth. When we got to the small town, I asked if we were stopping there but he only laughed.

Eventually, we parked a the castle and David helped me down to the ground. The carriage was fairly high. I went to fix my hair but realized it was a lost cause because it was too knotted and I didn't have a brush.

"I'll arrange a room and a doctor for you. You will be leaving with me also because America must be far away if I have never heard of it." A woman walks down the castle steps and starts talking to David. He motions for me to latch on to his arm.

Sometime around ten minutes later, David had arranged for me to have one of their best doctors and a beautiful room. I didn't even really look at the room much, I just collapsed on the bed and fell asleep before my head hit the pillow.