Chapter 3

When I woke up in my very fluffy bed, someone was knocking at my door.

"Miss Snow? Are you awake?" Someone whispered. I opened the door, and saw it was David. Why was he at my door, come to think of it, I didn't even know the guy that well.

"Yeah, I'll be right there." I slowly walked to the door, still half asleep, and opened it. David saw me and quickly turned around.

"You are in your nightie still."

"And? Who cares?"

"I do! Its not proper. It's not something a lady should do. Especially when answering the door for a man." David replied with embarrassment.

"But I don't have any clothes to wear." I stated.

"I'll have a servant bring something up." He walked off to somewhere and I closed my door. Last night, before I had fallen to sleep, I saw a pair of pajamas and put them on. They were made of silk and just a size too big. But they, they being the servants or maids or room keepers, never brought me a pair of clothes for today.

I took my time getting undressed, because I didn't want the warmth of my pajamas to leave my body. Eventually, a knock came and I opened the door a crack. A hand came through with a dress. The person followed. Just your average maid.

"I am here to help you get dressed. I was told you are not from this land so this may or may not be new to you. Would you like me to wait until you have trouble with the dress? Or to just leave and not help you at all?" She said without looking at me.

"How about you turn around, I get myself into the dress and then you can help?" She turned around and nodded.

"It is your choice Miss, not mine. But if it works for you, it works for me also." She said.

"Then it works for me." I managed to get into the dress, but that's about as far as I got. It was too confusing. It didn't even look like clothing from this time period! More like the 19th century. It was a pretty blue dress, but it had those metal rings that made the dress look poofy, and a built in corset. Don't even get me started on how many strings there are.

"Are you ready yet?" She turned around and gasped.

"Oh no! I did it all wrong, didn't I?" I turned around, trying to see the back, but failed miserably.

"Its not that, Miss. You look absolutely beautiful! No woman in this land compares to you, in fact, you're the fairest of them all!" I coughed but failed doing that too. The corset was half choking me, add how tight the maid was tying the bow on the back and now you have instant suffocation.

"Did you say, 'fairest of them all'?" I turned around and asked in one breathe. She smiled and said that that is exactly what she said.

"Now it is time to go down to the dining hall and have lunch with Prince David." It only reached my brain that he was a prince right after I sat down across from him at the long table set with food fit for a, well, king.

"Hello Miss White. How are you on this fine autumn morning?" He asked. I nodded and started eating the soup in front of me, which really wasn't too bad.

"I am confused as to how I ended up here. But other than that, I am perfectly awesome." He cocked an eyebrow.

"Awesome? How are you filled with awe?" I laughed at his confusion, which I really shouldn't do. He is a prince after all.

"Sorry, uh, I meant I was doing awful. I am doing awful."

"Why?"

"Well," I told him the long story. How I was in a plane, it crash landed, but I couldn't find it, I woke up in a field, walked through the woods, nearly got hit by his carriage, and found my self in a strange place that seems to not have any phones or form of communication, and also doesn't know where America is.

"...so in conclusion, I am lost, scared, confused, and awful." He frowned.

"I am sorry that has happened to you. But, what is a plane?" I widened my eyes in surprise. Who doesn't know what a plane is? Apparently the prince of...I don't even know what he is the prince of, doesn't know what a plane is. Which means I am most definitely in a nonexistent country or state. Or world....

"So, you're a prince?" He set his spoon down. And looked at me with anger.

"Being a prince is not the best thing to do. You cater to peoples needs and make rules and laws. Sure you have a lit of currency, but I have almost no time to spend it. Being prince, is like having the world on my shoulders...and I can't get rid of it. But yes, to answer your question, I am prince." He picked his spoon up and started eating his soup again.

"Sorry, I've never met a prince before. Its just exciting." He raised both his eyebrows and left his spoon in the soup for a few seconds, as if deciding something, then picked it back up again.

"You have never met a prince before?" I shook my head.

"Would you like to accompany me to my castle? It is quite lonely there, all my friends and family passed on during the Time War." I was looking for an adventure....

"I would love to." I said with a smile. I finished my soup and then got up.

"What are you doing? You cannot get up before I do." He sighed. "You have many things to learn when we get back to my castle." He got up and walked around the table then pulled my chair out for me.

"Um, thanks?" He smiled and gave me a peck on the cheek.

"Much to learn." He held out his arm for me to hood onto, apparently, it's proper. We walked to the garden and then out to the fountain in the front yard.

"So, does being a prince...does that mean I have to curtsy and bow and speak all proper to you and the such?" I wondered. But he only laughed.

"That is exactly how  I do not wish to be treated. It gets annoying after awhile. Especially when your only company is servants."I stopped walking and so did he. I curtsied and made him laugh, I laughed with him. His laugh was smooth and boyish and very contagious.

"Well Prince David of...what are you prince of?"

"The Enchanted Forest."

"Prince David of The Enchanted Forest, I curtsy in a showing of my gratitude in your saving me from being hit by your uncontrolled carriage." I stood up and stopped curtsying. "So thank you."

"Your welcome. My job is to save damsels in distress. It comes with being a prince."

"Really?"

"No. Being a prince just comes with responsibility."

"Ah."

We walked some more and then ended back up to the front yard.

"So how does this sound: we leave this palace and go to mine?" I pondered that question for a bit then replied.

"Is your palace a nice palace? Made of stone and has a drawbridge? With a long table and a nice set of china? Servants from a fairytale, talking horses? And a princess to rule along with you?" He chuckled.

"Yes, yes, no, yes, yes, yes, no, and no." He answered my questions. But I made a surprised face, then wiped it off. But he must have seen.

"What is it? Why do you show surprise?"

"I just expected you to have a princess to rule alongside you and to have your back through thick and thin." He shook his head sadly.

"I do not."

"Why?"

"Never found the right lady. I am also only 20, so that might also be a factor." I nodded in understanding and started walking up the stairs to the doorway.

"Are we leaving now?" He asked.

"Yes. That would be nice, unless you don't want to of course. It is your palace." He smiled.

"Well, yours too. You are going to live there, are you not?" I smiled. I think it was as big as a smile could get.

"I guess I am."