5. you better have a good explanation Lew

Sean and Kaycee have been dating for 2 months, and are still yet to tell their friends and families about their new status. They both decided that they wanted some privacy before they made their relationship public, but it was becoming more and more difficult to keep their relationship a secret. Sure they always gave each other lingering stares and have always been close, but since they started dating the two haven't been able to keep their hands off each other.

Surprisingly neither their families or friends have yet to suspect that anything is going on between the two. Sean and Kaycee were hiding their relationship well from everyone, at least they were until one evening when Kaycee forgot to cover up a rather prominent hickey on her neck.

It was before dinner at the Rices when Kaycee decided to have a spontaneous and very heated make out session with Sean. Unfortunately for the two of them this was interrupted by Laura calling them to come downstairs for dinner. Sean and Kaycee were so caught up in the moment that when Laura called them it startled them both, and Kaycee quickly scrambled off Sean's lap. Neither of them had yet realised that Sean had left a visible hickey on her neck, and so they mindlessly walked down the stairs and into the kitchen for dinner.

At first neither Sean, Kaycee's parents or her brother and sister had noticed the mark on her neck. Dinner went about as usual and was filled with casual conversation. Halfway through eating Sean got up to refill his glass of water, it was only on his way back that he noticed the hickey on Kaycee's neck that was slightly covered by some of her hair that had fallen around her shoulder. Sean almost dropped his glass when he saw the mark that he had left on his girlfriends neck, and couldn't believe that no one had noticed it yet.

Sean sat back down next to Kaycee and tried to get her attention, however she was deep in conversation with her mother. Sean tried everything to get her to talk to him, from poking her leg to even pulling on a strand of her hair, but she just brushed him off.

"Kayc I think your boyfriend wants some attention" Devon joked after seeing Sean's hopeless attempts at trying to get Kaycee to talk to him.
As Kaycee went to turn to answer Devon she decided that now would be best time to pull her hair into a loose ponytail, consequently revealing the hickey on her neck.

"Kayc you've got a bruise on your neck... wait is that a..."
Kylie had figured it out.
"Yep that's bruise on her neck... she um... she fell in rehearsal the other day when we were doing a lift" Sean quickly interrupted Kylie before she could reveal that it was a hickey on her sisters neck.

At first Kaycee was confused at what Kylie and Sean were on about so she opened up the camera on her phone to investigate her neck and that's when she saw it, the lovely large mark that Sean had left on her neck. Kaycee quickly pulled her hair out of the ponytail that she had just put it into, but it was too late.

"No, I don't understand how she could bruise that part of her neck. It looks like a hickey to me" Kylie teased.
Both Sean and Kaycee's faces were now visibly red with embarrassment.
"Seems like Kaycee's got a boyfriend that she's not telling us about" Devon added, feeding into Kylie's teasing.
"No I don't. Can you both just shut up!"

Kaycee stood up in attempt to leave the room.
"Sit back down, you're not going anywhere" Laura called after her daughter.
Kaycee reluctantly sat back down, not making eye contact with anyone sat at the table.
"Move your hair from around your neck" Laura spoke in a softer tone than before.
"Mom I..."
Laura glared at Kaycee, daring her to argue back. Kaycee sighed before slowly moving her hair to the side.

"See, I told you it's a hickey" Kylie chimed in.
"So whose this secret boyfriend of yours?" Laura asked.
The calmness of her mothers voice took Kaycee by surprise, she expected her to be anything but calm.
"I don't have a boyfriend and it's not a hickey"
"It is a hickey and therefore you must have a boyfriend" Laura responded, seeing straight through her daughters lies.

"You've been awfully quiet" Laura now directed the conversation towards Sean, having already seen the embarrassment on his face and figuring out that it must of been him that had given Kaycee the hickey.
"I'm surprised you haven't joined in with Kylie and Devon's teasing. Come to think of it your as red in the face as Kaycee is"
That's all it took for everyone to put the pieces together. Sean's quick reaction to Kylie's initial teasing, his oddly quiet behavior and his extremely red face was a dead give away that he had left the mark on Kaycee's neck.

Before Sean could even respond to defend himself, Brads over-protective father instincts had kicked in at the immediate realisation that it was Sean who had given his youngest daughter a hickey.
"Get out"
Brad no longer saw Sean as the good guy who always had Kaycee's best interests at heart. He no longer saw the two of them as innocent teenagers.
"Dad, it's fine honestly" Kaycee spoke in attempt to diffuse the situation.
"Brad, Laura. I would never disrespect you, or Kaycee in any way. This can all be cleared up..."

Before Sean even had the chance to finish his sentence, Brad was already out of his seat and approaching Sean.
"Disrespect! You've already disrespected Laura and myself in what you've been doing with our daughter, under our roof! I have placed so much trust in you with Kaycee over the years, trusting that you've only ever had innocent intentions with her when you've stayed over here and at the lake house. All of that trust has gone now that I've found out what you've really been doing with my daughter in her room. I am disappointed in you Sean, I thought you knew better than this"

Sean was unable to move, shock written across his face. He never thought that Brad would react in the way that he just did. He was scared to say the least after what Brad had just said to him.

Noticing her boyfriends silence and shock Kaycee went to speak up.
"Dad please calm down so that we can explain what's been going on"
Kaycee's words only angered her father more.
"Please do. Please do explain to me exactly what has been going on between the two of you young lady. I may be furious with him, but I am equally as disappointed in you. I don't want to even begin to think about the things the two of you have been doing up in your room, only that it's a disgrace that you've been doing these things behind your mother and I's back. We've been nothing but supportive of your partnership and friendship, what makes you think that we wouldn't be supportive of your relationship that you've had to sneak around behind our backs?"

Sean and Kaycee looked at each other, both slightly scared to speak up, but Sean decided that if he was going to get in Brad and Laura's good books again that he should offer up an explanation.
"Kaycee and I have been dating for 2 months. We haven't told anyone because we wanted to see if us being together would work out, or if us being best friends is really how it is meant to be. I never meant to disrespect you or Laura in any way, I have nothing but respect for the two of you. You can still trust me with Kaycee. I understand that what's happened seems like a break in that trust , but I would never cross a line with her if she wasn't comfortable. We would never cross that line until you knew about our relationship. Looking back it probably wasn't the best idea to keep our relationship a secret, but at the time the privacy seemed nice. I'm truly sorry that I over stepped the line with your trust and I hope that you can forgive me"

"Exactly what he said" Kaycee chimed in with a slight smile hoping to ease the tension that had filled the room.
Laura, Kylie and Devon giggled at Kaycee's small response. Laura looked at Brad as he sat back down. He sighed before saying;
"I don't like that the two of you have been sneaking around for the past two months, and I especially don't like that the two of you have been having sleepovers whilst you've been together, that is a break in the trust that we've given you. Your mother and I support your relationship. Sean you may be eighteen, but Kaycee you've only just turned seventeen and therefore a new set of rules will be made in accordance to what we and Sean's parents agree upon"

Kaycee got up out of her seat and walked to the head of the table where her father was seated. She engulfed him in a hug whilst muttering an 'I'm sorry' and 'thank you for coming to terms with us being together'. As Kaycee pulled away from the hug, Sean also thanked Brad for the same reason as what Kaycee had also thanked him for.

"I understand that the two of you are together, but if I ever discover another hickey on my daughters neck you better have a good explanation Lew"

eyewidexopen 💜