.𝟎𝟏

BRAZEN

       RULES

       RULES. You can steal anything from the store, but you can't get caught. Immediate awareness from workers gets you disqualified. Only steal one item, we don't need to go to jail; we got caught once, let's not do it again. Time limit of thirty minutes, whoever is not out the store by that time gets disqualified.

" Let's see who can get the most shit in the least amount of time. " Piper watches as Moe looks at them while Tabitha smiles, and Elodie shuffles her feet.

Tabitha smirks. " And how do we account for taste? " Moe looks around the store one more time, eyeing the employees. " Highest price tag wins." Tabitha nods as if the idea of winning sounds appealing to her, which it probably is.

       " Piper, are you sure you want to do this? " Nick took her to a corner after hearing Moe's idea of a "game" Piper nods. " If we really want to sell the story of me being the shoplifter, then I should do it."

        That was partially true, for Piper also wanted to feel that rush again, the same rush she got when stealing the chocolate bar. But imagine the jolt of euphoria she'd get from stealing something bigger.

         Nick scratches the back of his neck. " You sure? " Piper just nods as Nick sighs. " If you get caught-"

           " I won't. "

          " Okay, ladies. You ready? " Moe's replies come in nods and giggles. " Ready, steady, steady, steady-" " Moe, hurry up! " " Go! "

           In nervous shuffles turned to calm ones, Piper walks around the store in search. Something big, but not too big. Remember what Moe said, we don't want to get caught again.

         Piper's eyes steer around the store's many items. Jacket? No I won't be able to take off the security button. Necklace? Only the most skilled thief's could be able to steal that.

Piper follows an employee with blonde hair to the back of the store, stopping her right as she opens an entry. " Excuse me ma'm, a little girl just spilled something on one of the jackets. " the lady tsk's and swiftly walks back.

Piper grins in satisfactory as she stops the door closing with her foot. Loads of clothing items and shoes are stacked all around her as she walks through.

           The feeling of absolute bliss runs through her veins like a shiver as she takes off her shirt. She quickly puts the most expensive one- 55 dollars- on.

Now, how will she leave. Piper is left to search the back room for a few moments before finding a door. The exit.

          She only allows herself to breathe once she's a block away from the store. She hears heavy steps behind her and forces herself to calm down as they come closer.

          " Pipes, did you do it? " Nick's flushed face is now in Piper's sight as she heads towards the park. She grins in reply, lifting her shirt to reveal the one she stole.

           " Holy shit! That's so cool, but don't do that again. " they both laugh, catching the attention of Moe.

        " What's little drummer boy doing here? " Moe eyes him up and down, not bothering to hide her look of disgust.

        " He's cool. He won't rat us out. " Piper grins. Moe just sneers before turning to Tabitha.

" Alright ladies, show time. " Moe lifts up a pair of underwear. Piper scoffs, Tabitha following suit. " That's the only thing you could get? " Tabitha shrugs off her backpack, taking out a leather jacket.

Well shit, and Piper thought she was good. Piper slowly takes off her shirt to reveal the one underneath. Moe just laughs. " And you laughed at me for stealing panties! " Piper rips off the price tag, smacking it into Moe's hands.

Elodie, being quiet this whole time, starts giggling. " What? " the three girl's heads whip towards the quiet shadow. And quiet the shadow is, for she holds up a necklace way more expensive than anything the other three girls stole.

So she's the their worthy enough to steal that gem. Piper grins.

" Well, shit. Didn't know you had it in you. " Piper herself can't believe she's saying such things, she's acting as if she's been stealing her whole life.

Nick must've noticed, he grabs Piper's arms and drags her away. But not before throwing the shirt at them.

" What's up with you? You're acting like a dumbass, you know. " Nick says this in a hushed whisper, hesitant of his friends reaction.

" Oh, shut up! I like them, okay? " Piper leaves it at that. Nick just sighs. " Okay, okay. But you are a dumbass taking the blame for me. " Nick shoves Piper, causing her to gasp.

" A dumbass you say? Well, at least there's one good thing about your body- it's not as ugly as your face! " Piper runs away before Nick could catch her, she needs a place to hide.

" Get back here, Pipes! " Nick's laughter could be heard in echoes down the street. Piper just smirks, turning an alleyway to find a club.

Paper Tiger, sounds interesting. Piper looks down the street once more before heading inside, oblivious to the boy watching her through the window.