Chapter Four

Hogwarts' first term began September 1st, so we had a full month after our birthday to both physically and mentally prepare ourselves, our parents more so than us. Mum was still trying to comprehend that she wouldn't be seeing us until Christmas Holiday. Every chance she got she would hug us or kiss all over our faces. At first, we didn't blame her, but it slowly got annoying. Dad stepped in of course, but it didn't help much.

Ever since Harry and I got our wands, we kept them on us at all times. Mum and Dad explained to us that we could practice our magic until the first term started. But after our first year, we weren't allowed to use magic outside of school until we were seventeen, so we abused that ability as best we could. Dad made the mistake of teaching me the jelly-legs charm. I was constantly using that spell on Harry, causing him to be very annoyed at Dad for a while.

Mum used that one month to teach us different kinds of spells and charms to prepare us for school. She said she wanted us to have a bit of a head start. By the end, we had learned spells third years hadn't even known yet. I'd say it was a pretty good head start.

About two weeks before term began, I overheard Sirius and Dad talking about someone from Hogwarts. My first instinct was to listen in. "How do you think he'll react to the twins being there?" Dad asked. "Well, considering how things were with us back in school, I'm guessing not so good." "But he can't still be mad about all of that. We were all stupid kids." Dad said. "Come on, this is Snape we're talking about. He was never one to let go of a grudge. All we can do is hope he doesn't take it out on them." Sirius explained. Their voices started getting closer to my hiding spot behind the corner, so I ran upstairs to Harry and I's room and pretended not to have heard anything. I was still planning on telling my brother when he got back from the Weasley's with Mum.

Once I was in our bedroom, I took a minute to look around and admire it. I did that a lot ever since we got our Hogwarts letters. Originally, the room was quite small, but when we got to a certain age, Mum used the expansion charm on it, meaning from the outside, it looked rather small, but it was much bigger on the inside. The room was basically split into two halves. All of the walls were painted light grey, but the differences in Harry and I's interests is what separated us. When you walked in, you were in my half of the room. My twin-size bed sat in the corner with sheets that were a light shade of blue. On the other side of my nightstand was my desk, and a dresser was placed against the wall by the foot of my bed. My trunk was placed on the floor next to my dresser, locked up tight and ready to be taken to Hogwarts.

The furniture on Harry's side of the room mirrored mine exactly, except he had different colours. His bedsheets and curtains were all crimson. He expected he was going to be in Gryffindor like Mum, Dad, Sirius, and Remus were. I grew up convinced we would be in the same house, but I didn't show it. The only thing I prayed was that I wasn't sorted into Hufflepuff, Dad would surely disown me in that case.

Harry's bed frame, nightstand, desk, and dresser were all dark brown wood, whereas mine were all white-painted. My brother's trunk was also placed at the foot of his bed, but his school supplies were strewn out every which way. He was never really that tidy. Our initials were carved on the sides of our trunks so we could tell them apart. My Nimbus 2000 was propped up against my dresser while Harry's was hidden under his bed. He thought I didn't know, but he also should've known that I'm not stupid.

~

One morning, I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring in my ear. I opened my eyes, reached my arm out to turn it off. I pulled my sheets back and rose from my bed, stretching in the process. Harry had just switched his alarm clock off as well and was sliding his glasses onto his face when I walked over to my desk and studied the calendar that hung on the wall above it. My eyes went wide. "Harry! It's September 1st!" I exclaimed. "What?" He asked in disbelief as he jumped from his bed. "Today's September 1st! We're leaving for Hogwarts today!" I exclaimed again. His eyes quickly became as wide as mine. "Yes! Today's the day!" He cheered. "Okay, I'll get dressed in the bathroom today." I said before gathering clothing from my dresser and running out of the room.