Chapter Six

I woke up the next morning to someone shaking me. "Wake up, Lex. Come on, we've got classes today." I opened my eyes. It was Natalia, already dressed in her Slytherin robes and ready for the day. I sat up in my four-poster and stretched. "What time is it?" I asked. She checked her wristwatch. "8:00a.m.. Classes start at 9:00a.m. so we've got thirty minutes to get ready and another thirty minutes for breakfast." My new friend explained. I nodded and pulled myself out of bed.

I quickly started to get ready for the day. I neatly put on my uniform, brushed my teeth, applied some light makeup, and straightened my hair. Once I thought I looked presentable, I met Natalia in the common room and we left to go to the Great Hall for breakfast.

There weren't as many students in the Great Hall for breakfast as there were for dinner. I assumed it was because most people didn't like getting out of bed at 8:00 in the morning. Natalia and I found empty seats next to Draco. Draco and I were talking a lot at the feast the night prior, so we were quickly becoming good friends. I filled my plate with scrambled eggs, sausage, and toast.

A few minutes after I started eating, I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turned around to see Harry, all dressed up in his Gryffindor robes, holding a piece of paper, a quill, and a small container of ink. "Hey, I started writing a letter to Mum and Dad. I've said all I wanted to, do you want to put anything?" He asked. I nodded. "Sure, thanks. See you in classes." He nodded before walking back to the Gryffindor table.

Before writing anything, I decided to read over what Harry put.

Dear Mum and Dad, 

Lex and I are having so much fun at Hogwarts already. The train ride was long but eventful. Fred and George eventually got their hands on the Invisibility Cloak, but we got it back. We're also excited to see Hagrid again since we haven't seen him in so long.
I was sorted first, I got Gryffindor! Lex was sorted right after me, and she got Slytherin. I was shocked at first but I got over it. It's not like I was going to start treating her any differently just because of what a hat says.

I looked towards the Gryffindor table and saw Harry already looking at me. "Thanks Harry." I thought, knowing he could hear me. He gave a slight nod before falling into a conversation with Ron. I continued reading. 

Tell Mr and Mrs Weasley that Ron got into Gryffindor, even if they probably already know. We can't wait for Christmas Holiday and love you both!       

~Harry

I finished reading it. Knowing that Harry wasn't all that bothered by the fact that I was sorted into the one Hogwarts house all other dark wizards were also in at some point made me feel a little bit better about it. But, that didn't mean Mum and Dad would feel the same way. Mum always said that she would always love us both the same, no matter what houses we were in, and I was going to hold her to that.

Dad, however, was someone I knew absolutely despised Slytherin. I had done some digging on the Snape guy that Dad and Sirius were talking about, and found out that he was the potions teacher, the head of Slytherin House (meaning he had to have been in Slytherin when he went to school), and he was in the same Hogwarts year our parents when they went there. Also, by the way Sirius and Dad talked about him, I had guessed that they weren't exactly best mates. In fact, it sounded like they bullied him a bit. But Snape probably didn't take it very well, considering Sirius was worried he would take his emotions out on my brother and I. The main idea of that long explanation is that Dad didn't like Slytherin House, and that scared me.

I dipped my quill in some of the ink and started writing on the lower half of the paper.

Dear Mum and Dad,