3. Water in the Flask

Thanks to Mica's driving we were in the parking lot within fifteen minutes. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and waited patiently while Mica reapplied her lipstick. She was a beauty guru to say the least, and she prides herself on her makeup skills.
When we finally made it to the class, there were only about ten people inside when we peaked through the window. So Mica slipped through the door first and took a seat in the front. She motioned for me to hurry and I hurriedly rushed through the door and took the seat next to hers.
"Nice of you to join us ladies, we are just going over the syllabus. I am Mr. Beckley."
Mr. Beckley was a short round man with graying hair and a twitchy eye. He wore a navy sweater tucked into khaki pants with black dress shoes.
"I'll have my assistant get you the syllabus, but until then you can each introduce yourself and tell the class one thing about yourself." He smiled and winked adding, "That's the consequence of being late to my class."

"Geez." Mica mouthed to me as I bit back a giggle at how serious this guy was being about our ten minute tardiness.
Mica stood up and faced the class putting on her brightest smile and raking her hair to one side of her head, "I'm Mica, pronounced Mee-kah. And I like to suck Popsicles extremely slow." I bit down on my tongue to stop the laugh that was sure to escape my mouth from the way Mica's tongue was rubbing across her lips.
It was my turn and I stood up and faced the class. "Hi my name is Sloan and I like music." I immediately spun around to sit back down and almost slammed right into a tall thin pale guy with black rimmed glasses.
"Fuck. I'm sorry." I instantly felt his eyes rake over my body and I could feel the heat radiating between the small space between us.
"No it's totally fine, I was just putting a syllabus on your desk. You didn't hurt me." He chuckled and turned to walk away. I stood there watching him walk back to the front corner of the room until I heard Mica clear her throat; which was my cue to sit. I don't know why I stared at him that way but I felt very uncomfortable about it. The hour dragged on as Mr. Beckley talked about the goals and deadlines of the class in a monotone voice that kept me from actually paying any attention.

Before I knew I felt a pair of hands were shaking me awake. I raised my head to find Mika standing above me. "Dude you were dead sleep! I almost thought I would have to call 911 for your ass!"
"I'm just sleepy, can't I lay here for two more minutes please?" I mumble the please and lay my head back down. I doze off just after I hear Mika skip out of the class saying "I'll be back in 5 minutes to get you!"
"Hey, wake up love. There's a class in here in a few minutes."
"No, not yet. Please no!" I cry as I jerk my head up from the table. I look up to see the same pale guy who gave me the syllabus standing over me with his hand on my shoulder.

I'm completely embarrassed as I wipe the tears from my eyes and shrug his hand off my shoulder. I can't believe I had the dream again, in this classroom.
"Are you okay? Sorry I had to wake you because there's a class coming in and you were crying a lot over here..." He looked as uncomfortable as I felt and I was glad for that because it made me feel less embarrassed.

" I'm sorry, I'll get out right now. I was just so fucking tired." I say in a rush because I need to go home. As I look at my phone I notice I've slept through half of my second class, so there's no point in even going.

"No I completely understand, Mr. Beckley makes me want to blow my brains out." I suddenly realize he has a British accent which makes me feel even more out of it because I hadn't noticed before.
I smile and bend over and tuck my phone into my boot and head towards the door.
"Don't forget this." He picks up my backpack and holds it out for me to grab it.
"Thanks I'm just fucking useless today." I smile politely and reach for my backpack before he pulls it away. Is this guy seriously not giving me my backpack?
"Um could I have my backpack please? This is me asking nicely." I say it calmly, making sure to pronounce each word.
He reached his other hand into his back pocket and held up a black flask. My flask. "Is this yours? It fell out your knapsack and I was going to take a swig until I found out it was just water." He smiled and held it out to me.
I snatched the flask and my backpack out of his hand and glared at him.
"Did you fucking go through my things while I was sleeping?" My voice came out shakier than I wanted it to be. I don't like my privacy to be invaded and I don't like explaining myself.
"No now calm down, no need to get bloody angry." He pushed his hands through his hair and adjusted his glasses. "Why is there just water in the flask?" He asks as he takes a seat in at the desk putting his feet up.

"It doesn't matter, I have to go and you have a class coming remember?" I spin around on my heel and stomp to the door. My heart is pounding in my ears by the time I've shut the door behind me. I'm halfway down the hall when I hear someone yell, "Wait!"
I turn around to see the syllabus guy running towards me.
"I'm Matty, I didn't get your name." He stops to catch his breath and holds his hand out to me.
I hesitate and shake his hand. "I'm Sloan." His hand is large and he has calluses, but they don't feel bad against my skin. My heart starts beating in my ears and I take my hand back right away.
"I lied about the class, there isn't one, I just wanted to get rid of you because of your noises." He leans against the wall and crosses his arms over his chest staring at me.
"Well I'm trying to leave now and you won't let me." This guy was beginning to get on my nerves. I think I've had enough of a social life today. "Bye."
He steps in front of me and looks down at me. I see the opening at the top of his black shirt where his tattoos peak out and the pale skin stretches across his collar bone.
He leans down putting his face as close to mine as can be without kissing. And my breath hitches in my chest. I can't seem to get any words out because my senses are taken over by his warm breath on my face and his strong cologne invading my nostrils.
"You're quite beautiful Sloan." He moves closer to me so that his mouth is at my ear, "Can I have your number?"
A laugh escapes my lips and I whisper a "No" into his ear and step around him speed walking out of the school building.

*OOOOOOO Matty is a charming prick lol so you guys should read and vote even comment! I would love feedback and all kinds of jizz xx thanks for reading!*