◇ Prom Queen ♤

Mina Ashido x Fem! Reader

Shut up, count your calories
I never looked good in mom jeans
Wish I was like you
Blue-eyed blondie, perfect body

" I don't think I want to go out in this, Mina! " You yelled as the pink-skinned girl entered. " But why!? You look so pretty in that! " Mina reassured you, but that didn't help much. " Thanks...but I really don't think tight dresses suit me... " You sighed looking at yourself at a mirror. " I don't even think Ojiro would notice me...add the fact he likes Hagakure. " You sighed again, groaning. Mina tackled you in a back hug, " It doesn't matter if he doesn't notice you! What matters is that you enjoy yourself, prom is about having fun too! " 

Maybe I should try harder
You should lower your expectations
I'm no quick-curl barbie
I was never cut out for prom queen

Mina held your hand as the two of you walk around the venue. Surprisingly, the night was still young and the stars shined brightly, you didn't notice Mina staring at your glimmering eyes, she blushed at the fact that she can't help but feel attracted to you. Good thing her skin was pink or else she'd be busted. You finally noticed her staring at you, " Mina? " You called, waving your hand in front of her. " O-Oh! Yeah, I'm all good! We should go to Bakugo and the others! " She quickly lead you to the Bakusquad.

If I get more pretty
Do you think he will like me?

While Mina was talking with Sero and Denki, you found yourself staring at Ojiro and Hagakure. Both of them looked...so close with each other. You gave a silent sigh, not wanting to ruin this night for Mina or for your other friends. " Hey Mina, [ First Name ]! Wanna go grab some drinks with us? " Kirishima asked, his hand hung around Bakugo's neck. You nodded and Mina held your hand again, giving you a wide smile. You couldn't help but thought she looked so cute at that moment.

Disect my insecurities
I'm a defect, surgical project
It's getting hard to breathe
There's plastic wrap in my cheeks

' C'mon [ First Name ], don't be so insecure...Just don't think about it to much- ' Your thoughts got cut off with a bump by a particular guy. " Oh! S-Sorry I wasn't looking... " You stared at Ojiro, sudden heat rising to your cheeks. " It's okay, you're [ Last Name ], right? " You hummed as a response, " And you're Mashirao. " You smile at him before noticing a familiar girl beside him. It was Hagakure, " Hi, you finally noticed me! " She squeaked, you gave a forced smile and greeted her back. " Well, I gotta go now, see you guys! " You bid farewell.

Maybe I should try harder
You should lower your beauty standards
I'm no quick-curl barbie
I was never cut out for prom queen

" How'd it go? " Mina asked, appearing beside you, making you flinch slightly. " Y-You saw..? " You stuttered as she nodded a cheeky grin curled on her lips. " Well, I guess it would've been better if Hagakure wasn't there...I mean I'm not trying to be rude but she just made my confidence even lower... " You stared at the ground as Mina sighed and pat your back gently. " Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get him next time...but I also hope you won't... " She muttered the last part, a frown appearing on her lips, quickly changing it into a reassuring smile.

If I'm pretty, will you like me?
They say "Beauty makes boys happy"
I've been starving myself
Carving skin until my bones are showing

" By the way, I didn't wanna ask but why do you look thinner than you used to be? " Mina had a worried look on her face, multiple thoughts entering her mind. " I-I guess I've been on a diet for a while now..." You awkwardly chuckled. " But why? You looked healthy even if you weren't on a diet... " Mina paused, her eyes wandering to Ojiro and Hagakure. " Don't tell me...you've been starving yourself..? " Her eyes widened with worry as you stared at the ground. 

Teach me how to be okay
I don't wanna downplay my emotions

Mina was shocked that she hasn't realized it sooner, you've been starving yourself and you've been insecure just because of Ojiro. She quickly grabbed your hand and pulled you somewhere quiet. Without hesitation, she engulfed you in a hug and of course, you cried. "I-I'm sorry Mina...I just wanna be...okay. I'm trying to not think about these thoughts...but they keep coming and I..." You clutched onto her, your tears falling onto her dress. Mina sighed and whispered soothing nothings in your ear, knowing that right now, you probably couldn't think straight after everything.

They say " Beauty is vain
You'll only be happy if you
look a certain way. "

It broke Mina's heart to see you like this. It breaks her heart more knowing that you love someone else. Oh, how she wanted to confess to you at that moment, but she couldn't. It could ruin your relationship and she knew. " [ First Name ], don't cry...I'm always here for you, and if Ojiro can't see that you're a beautiful person, inside out. Then he clearly doesn't deserve someone like you. " She hugged you tighter as if she didn't want to lose you. You sniffled and hugged back, taking consideration to her words and thinking about it properly.

I wanna be okay
I wanna be okay

" You'll be fine, I promise... " 

// Edited : 10/26/19 //