Chapter three: I don't need your pity, Alex

The door creaked open to a dorm, revealing Herc, his jacket being completely soaked from the snow that decided he was going to have an even shittier day. Two gasps were heard from the small living room, ah, Alexander was probably home then. "You don't need to get up, 'm fine Alex" Hercules commented, loud enough so that the two could hear. He stripped of his shoes and jacket, leaving him only in his dark trousers and dark-blue sweater as he walked into the kitchen, grabbing himself a quick snack. He heard some shuffling in the larger room and when he turned around, he saw John Laurens speedily putting his boots on and rushing out of the dorm, his hair being more of a mess than usual.

A satisfied yet messy Alex walked out of the room with a grin, brushing some of his untidy hairs from his face as he looked to Hercules
"Heya lover boy," the taller one said, a frown upon his brows. "Herc! Good to see ya man, I wanted to talk to you earlier but you weren't here?" Alexander stated in a questioning manner, causing the other to sigh gently
"I-...I was out for groceries" he answered back
"Herc, the groceries were here when I wanted to talk to you, you weren't here" the younger one commented.
The tailor remained silent, taking a bite out of his apple as he leaned against the counter
"I think 'Liza is cheating" he murmured, his Caribbean friend's eyes widened and he placed a hand on his friend's shoulder which he gently smacked away
"I said I think.....I don't need your pity, Alex" he added, letting out a breath as he parted his lips to speak again. But nothing happened.
Herc just shook his head and walked into his own room, shutting the door quietly behind him.

After two years of being together, Elizabeth wouldn't do that, would she? She had proved to be loyal to Hercules but was that just a side of her that she wanted him to believe was real? Questions raced through the man's mind as he sat at his sewing table, deciding to finish off a project he had been working on. He put on his working playlist which contained (Non-Christmas songs!) some 'Fallout Boy' as well as some classical, he was a fan of many different types of music. It was a strange thing; someday he'd like punk, then the next day he'd like country.
Bobbing his head a bit to the beat, he began drawing the design for a dress, smiling softly as he listened to the music. Ah, the calming sound of the tune humming in the background and the quietness of the city night. It was his favourite.