2

It didn't feel that long enough until I heard my bedroom door open and feel my bed dip.

"Thea, dad told me to wake you up. The van is here with all our furniture and Delia wants us to help take all the old furniture out."

I am not a morning person so to speak so I just gave a groan in response and wiggled like a fish out of water until my bed covers were off my body. I heard Lydia giggle at my actions and make her way out of my room. With effort needed, I made my way to my wardrobe where I had my clothes already stored there. Inside were my white clothes. I liked wearing the colour white despite the fact that my favourite colour was green. Green never really did look good on me.

The white reminded me of new life, freedom, and at most innocence and purity. Sure call me naïve and gullible, I probably am. But, for the time being I'm wearing black to mourn my mother who died. It really hit my sister and I, but I would say it hit Lydia the most. After mother died,  Lydia started turning into what people called a 'goth' and there's nothing wrong with that. I just wish she would open up to me more with how she's feeling. I don't want to rush her, but I don't want her to do anything that she may regret.

I shrugged the thought aside and got a pair of black tights, a silky knee length skirt and short sleeved black blouse. After getting dressed I put my black ankle boots on and left my messy hair in bun - I'll do my hair later.

After trudging down the stairs I saw that the work was already nearly done, the workers were actually doing their job instead of messing about with Delia's sculptures. That is until I heard her scream. I rushed outside and noticed that Delia was trapped behind one of her more recent works. I didn't want to laugh so I compromised with a smirk and walked away. I noticed Lydia looking up to the same window I was yesterday.

I wonder if she can see them too. If they are real that is. It still feels like last night was just a mere dream.

"Hey Lydia. Is everything alright?"

"Yeah. I just thought I saw something."

I was about to question her further until a woman arrived to the house with a skeleton key that would open any door in the house.

We went back inside and went straight to the attic. Lydia tried to open the door but it was locked. Strange. It was unlocked yesterday. Just then we heard a faint yelling from a person inside the attic as if someone was watching something on the T.V.

Lydia continued with the key but it wasn't budging so she let go and it wasn't soon after that the key came flying out. She gasped and went back downstairs. I was about to follow her, but I heard a gentle click of the door lock. Okay...

I pressed my hand against the handle and once again it twisted open.

"Adam. Barbara. It's good to see you again."

"Thea. How did you get in? Again I thought the door was locked."

"The door was locked. My sister and I just tried to open it, but as I was about to go the door opened like magic."

The couple looked at each other and then back at myself.

"We were about to seek help. We are in an afterlife crises at the moment. If you excuse us we are going to go. When you leave the attic can you make sure the door is locked?"

I nodded. I noticed a piece of paper on the floor. Adam drew a door on the wall followed with a handle and knocked three times. The two looked back at me and waved. I smiled and waved back and watched them walk into the green light that the other side gave off.

Once they left I picked up the piece of paper.

It was an advertisement.

'Bio-Exorcist?'

What's a Bio-Exorcist?

I continued reading and noticed there was a word written down.

"Beetlejuice?"

Did I say that right? Lets try saying it again.

"Beetlejuice."
Yeah that sounds right. I wonder why it is spelled like that on the flyer. I shrugged.

"Seeya later attic. Including you, this Beetlejuice guy whoever you are."

I was about to turn around and leave the attic, but the door slammed shut locked and a gust of wind came around me.
I looked around and I found myself in the model that Adam built. Behind me I felt a warmth of a bright light. Turning around, I found myself staring at a sign that said 'Betelgeuse, Betelgeuse' with an arrow pointing to a grave that said 'Here lies Betelgeuse'.

I had no idea what I had to do next but before I could question anything else, a shovel appeared in front of the grave.

I guess I'm digging up a grave. How life throws strange things at ya.

I mentally groaned and made my way towards the grave. Picking up a shovel I began to dig.

What seemed like forever I finally reached the grave.

"Should I knock?"

Sooner as I said that the grave started to shake. What is happening?

I rushed out of the hole that I dug and the ground continued to shake. As soon as I turned around a man appeared out of the grave. I didn't know what to do besides run so that's exactly what I did.

It wasn't long until he landed in front of me.

I froze. I didn't know what to do.

My eyes wandered his body and stopped when our eyes met.

We stared at each other for no longer than six seconds.

People say that if you look into somebody's eyes for six seconds without blinking you want to do either one of two things - Kill them or you are in love with them. I don't know whether I should be scared or excited. Either way I think being murdered or in love with a dead guy is highly worrying.

"Hello beautiful."