4%

~unedited ~

Indigo's POV

       A few weeks have past since I was reunited with my brother and met the Seed family. Although I've had to go to Josephs church in Edens gate every Sunday. With the arrangement of John,  I have attended each Sunday with Jacob and stood by his side in front of Josephs flock. Dylan thought it would be best if I stayed with Jacob during my time in Montana,  saying he will protect me.
     Just like every Sunday I stood beside the man,  attempting to listen to Joseph as he spoke loud and proud..., but I was confused by his words,  no matter how many times John has tried to convince me to confess my sins to either him or Joseph. I needed to forgive to be forgiven. But the truth was the only ones I felt safe pouring my life out to was my brother and Jacob.
       I didn't know why I felt so safe around Jacob. Maybe it was because he was the oldest,  maybe it was because he was strong, maybe because I'm comfortable around him,  maybe of his war experience...maybe because he makes me feel different.
       I felt a stare gaze upon me. I look up to be met with Jacob's baby blue eyes. I felt myself getting lost in them. Everything else was a blur. I broke out of my daze when he smirked down at me bringing his attention back to his younger brother. I blushed a little ,very noticeable since my hood is down,  from requests of Joseph.

~an hour later~

       Joseph was done and walking around talking with members of his flock. I still stood by Jacob giving a nod when a member looked my way. Within a few moments John approach Jacob and I.
       "Indigo! " he said with a big smile.
       "John, " I nod. He took my hand and kiss it like he does each time we interact. I yank my hand away each time. I felt a hand pressed up against the middle of my back. I look up at Jacob and he just gives me a nod.
       "About your sins indi-" John starts then gets cut oof
       "Ill think about it, but if so it's certainly not going to be done by you or Joseph. Sorry but I prefer someone else to do it. " John didn't like my answer,  in face he looked slightly pissed. I slightly leaned into Jacob's touch for comfort. I crossed my arms over my chest
        "Either that or not at all. " Jacob said speaking for me. I smiled up at the man. I looked back at John.
        "Then who would do it Indigo. I'm the Baptist and Joseph is the father who in this whole country would be able to do our job when you confess your sins?!" his voice laced with venom and anger.
        "Joseph Seed the Father.. John Seed the Baptist..., but then there's Jacob Seed the protector...hes made me feel more safe than any of your could provide. I'm sorry, but this is how it has to be...."