24

Crap! School starts back up tomorrow. Luckily we only have a month left before summer break. I'm just praying it goes by quick. I haven't talked to Asher since the day he cam to my house but I have been getting a whole lot closer to Tony and them. Also they got their classes switched for this semester so we are in a lot of classes together now. That definitely makes me feel better about school. It's not that I'm avoiding the boys anymore. It's just pretty damn awkward if you ask me. But that's okay. We got through the worst of it, now I just have to work on forgiving them, no matter how hard it is. Ugh! Why does life have to be so difficult.

The next morning

"So what classes did you guys get switched this semester?" Laila asks as we gather around my locker. We all look at our schedules.

"I don't have art anymore. Instead I have study hall/ free period." I say as everyone continues to look at their new course.

"Me too!"

"Same here!"

"So do I!"

"Ditto!"

"Looks like we all have free period together!" I smile because I get to spend an entire two periods with my best friends doing nothing. Sadly, that's the only class of mine that changed, however everyone else got completely new courses. I guess because I'm so ahead I don't need to take any other classes. We were all discussing the courses when the warning be,, went off and we all separated to go to first period when I felt someone's arm lock with mine. I look to my left and see a smiling Peter. I raise an eyebrow as we continue walking and we walk into Home Ec.

"Guess who has Home Ec with you!" He says extending his arms. I gasp and jump into his arms with a big smile on my face. He spins me around and when he puts me down I can feel Asher, Brent and Noah staring at us. I'm so happy I have Peter in this class so I don't have to be awkwardly on between the boys. I walk over to my seat as Peter stands in the front of the class with the rest of the new kids. We were mouthing words to each other when the teacher came in.

"Alright new comers, here is the seating chart please go sit where your name is." Ms Rafter explains while showing them a piece of paper. Peter looks up from the paper and smirks at me. I mouth the word 'what' as he walked passed me and to a seat. I was going to follow him with my eyes when Ms Rafter began teaching.

"Okay guys, since there is only 1 month left we will have one final assignment and you and your partner and will plan a fake wedding. This will be your final grade for the year so please work your hardest. You will be reciting your vows in front of the class on the second to last day of school. You have until then to work on it in class. If you choose not to, that's fine, just make sure you get it done." She explains. We nod and she continues. "However, the catch is that you must keep the person you are writing to a secret. If you chose to write to multiple people you will receive extra credit if you present all of them." She finishes her speech and tells us to begin. I was about to pull out my phone when I felt a hand tap my shoulder. I snapped around to see Peter sitting in the seat directly behind me.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me." I laugh.

"Surprise!" I roll my eyes.
"What's wrong sweetie, aren't you hooky to see me?" I laugh at him and stand from my seat next to Asher and make my way to the empty seat next to Peter. We sat in silence for a few minutes before Peter spoke up.

"Cass, do vows have to be nice?" I laugh at him.

"Not necessarily but they are supposed to be said at a wedding so they probably should." He groans.
"What it shouldn't be that hard to say something nice about someone in the class. I mean I'm here."

"It's not that I don't have anything nice to say, it's just that I have a lot of more NOT nice things to say to certain people." He says before glancing at Asher.

"Please Petey just drop it." I beg giving him my puppy dog eyes.

"Fine.only because I love you." I smile and go back to writing. Soon the bell rang and we both skipped out of the classroom.

Lunchtime

"Guys you are all invited to the wedding!" Peter announces causing glances from everyone at our table.

"Great man, but who's getting married." Luke asks.

"Why, Me and Cassidy of course." He says wrapping his arms around me and planting a kiss on my cheek causing me to laugh. I hear Tony mumble under his breathe 'under my dead body'.

"Did I miss something, since when are you guys getting married?" Riley asks with an eyebrow raised.

"We aren't," I say pushing Peter off of me, " our assignment in home ec is to write vows to each other." I explain. Everyone nods their heads in understanding and we go back to out regularly scheduled lunch time conversations.

Math

Sadly I was late to math class causing everyone to stare at me as I walk in.

"Sorry I'm late sir." I say to the teacher.

"It's okay Cassidy please take your seat." I nod and head towards my seat next to Tony when I see the usually empty seat to my right is now occupied by a blue eyed gang leader. You have got to be kidding me. I avoid eye contact and smile at Tony who stands up when I approach our desks.

"Hey Tone." I say while giving him a quick hug.

"Hiya Cass. Thank god your here." He whispers the last part and we pull apart as I roll my eyes at his childishness. I take my seat in between Asher and Tony as the teacher begins the lesson. Luckily, there wasn't any free time today because we were going over a new topic so that avoided all possible chances of the messy confrontation. Once the bell rang, Tony and I began walking to our free period room where we would meet all of our friends. As we were walking I thought of something.

"Hey Tony, earlier when Peter said we were getting married you seemed a little angry. Is everything okay?" I ask while watching his face turn a bright shade of red.

"Yea I just think that after everything that happened I guess I've just become very protective over you. I mean your like my little sister and I don't want to see you get hurt again." My eyes start to water as he speaks.

"You remind me so much of Ethan." I say with a slight smile. He grabs my hand.

"Cass, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to-"

"No Tony it's fine. Its nice to know I have you, I actually said this to Noah that if you didn't come into my life when you did, i-i don't think I would be here today." Tony pulls me into his chest as I cry. After a minute we pull away and there are still tears running down my face.

"Cass you go to class, I have to get something from my locker. When you get there go straight to the gang. Run our has it that the only other people in that class are three very specific boys." I roll my eyes and nod before walking to the class. Are you freaking kidding me! This is going to be so awkward. There's not even going to be a teacher! I was still crying when I walked through the open door to see the band and the boys sitting on opposite sides of the room. I stop when I walk in and everyone looks at me, tears still running down my cheeks.