Chapter 2: First Steps

Victoria was a very smart young girl. She could roll over at just 5 months old. Tywin had spent a lot of time with young Tori, more than he spent with any of his previous children. He was drawn to her, he loved her tremendously. 

Within a month, Tori was already sitting up. She was a Daddy's girl and Tywin loved that. His baby had a special connection with him, only he could soothe her and she hated being away from him; a feeling that was mutual.

About a month later, Victoria had learned to crawl. Now that she could move, she was never far behind Tywin. Tori was very happy, especially in Tywin's arms. She was always smiling; she couldn't quite talk yet but she would coo often. 

Victoria had a giggle that could melt Tywin's heart. He loved watching her grow up, but at the same time, it was bittersweet. He didn't want to lose his baby girl, yet he was eager to see how her life would go; what would she be? How would her life turn out? He needed to know.

The next few months of Victoria's life were a whirlwind. By the age of 1, Tori could fully walk and talk. She was special and everyone around her could tell just from meeting her. Her siblings had slight jealousy but they loved her, specifically Tyrion. 

Tyrion was so thankful for the arrival of his baby sister. Since she'd been here, he'd been treated like a whole new person by his father. He loved Victoria, he thought the world of her and wanted the best for her - just as Tywin did.

Tywin was a very proud father.

The years flew by without incident. On Victoria's 8th birthday, her father gifted her with a lion cub. Tori was ecstatic to get the lion, and excited at the thought of getting to tame him with her father. She decided to name the lion Tyberion, after her father and brother.

Tywin told Tori that Tyberion wasn't for fun and games; that he was a dangerous animal capable of deathly things. She agreed to always be cautious around the animal, though she felt they had a deep connection and he wouldn't harm her. 

As a young cub, Tori would allow Tyberion to sleep in her bed. Tywin didn't like the idea of such a minacious animal sleeping so close to his beloved young daughter. He could see the bond that the two shared, and decided that giving Tyberion his own place to sleep in Tori's room would be the best idea.

In about 2 years, Tywin and Tori were able to train the lion to do many things. Tyberion was trained to protect Tori at all costs and was also used for riding. The lion was given a slew of commands that he learned in that 2 year period, including attacking at the command of his master - Victoria.

Tori was now thirteen name-days old, and she was studying subjects and lessons well beyond her age, or supposed comprehension. Tywin was teaching her war strategy and the history of the seven. He sometimes let her sit in on business meetings.

Not only was Tori smart, she was strikingly beautiful. She had long wheat-blonde hair, which was almost never tied up. Her emerald-green eyes were a sight to behold. She was very well-mannered. She was very down to earth, and everyone loved her; including the animals.

Tywin loved all of his children equally. Since Tori's birth, he'd been spending more one-on-one time with each of the children. He never missed an opportunity to further their learning. He taught both his daughters how to ride and wield swords. He worked with his sons on all forms of weapon; from spears to swords.

Currently, Jaime was being fostered with Lord Sumner Crakehall at Crakehall. Tywin thought it was important to have his sons fostered so that they could learn more war techniques from other families. 

Tywin was being called to King's Landing. Cersei was overjoyed at the thought, as was Tyrion who wanted to meet the knights. Tori, on the other hand, found the subject to be rather boring.

"Father, I do not wish to venture to King's Landing." She said as rode around Casterly Rock.

"Why is that, my child?" Tywin wondered aloud to his daughter, looking playfully puzzled.

"I have a bad feeling." 

Tywin looked at her strangely. "What feeling is that, Tori?" He asked slowly.

"It feels like... It feels like death, and fear." She said quietly.

"What would you have me do?" He asked after a moment.

She thought for a moment. "I wish to be fostered, Father." Tywin's normally calm face morphed into a look of shock and concern. He'd never thought about fostering one of his daughters, that was almost unheard of.

Females usually would be fostered by other females, and learn motherly traits such as stitching and child-care. Tywin knew that wasn't what his daughter was asking for. He'd been training her with weaponry, to be a warrior; something that was frowned upon by the masses. 

"I'll talk to your mother." He told her, sternly. In his head, he was already thinking of where to send his daughter.

Later that night, Tywin struck up the conversation with his young wife Mariana.

"Our daughter wants to be fostered," Tywin said. Mariana's face shifted into a look of confusion and shock, but she said nothing. Tywin took that as a sign to continue. "I'm thinking of sending her to the Eyrie." 

Mariana's face shifted into a smile as she remembered the fun times she had with Jon from her childhood. He was her father's friend. Because of this, she was around him quite often and viewed him as an uncle of sorts.

"That sounds like a great opportunity for her."

Tywin smiled, "looks like she's going to the Eyrie." He went to bed, excited to inform Victoria of their decision in the morning.

...

Tori was riding Tyberion down the King's Road, with the Lannister knights escorting her on horseback. She slowed the lion as they approached the gate. The gate opened with a series of loud clicks.

They were greeted by an older man and two young boys. She assumed the older man was the one that she had heard about for years from her mother's childhood stories. He was a stout old man, with short grey hair and brown eyes.

One of the boys had long black hair and pretty sea-blue eyes. The other boy had shoulder-length, slightly wavy, sandy blonde hair and the most gorgeous storm-grey eyes Victoria had ever seen. 

They both smiled widely at her. She smiled back, halting the lion in front of the group and dismounting. She curtsied to the group before stepping forward.

"My name is Jon Arryn." The older man said introducing himself, as he bowed and kissed her hand.

She turned to them all and said. "I am Victoria Lannister, you may call me Tori if you'd like."

The black-haired one grasped my hand bringing it to his lips. " My name is Robert of House Baratheon." She giggled slightly.

The blonde turned to me and smiled. "My name is Eddard Stark. Please call me Ned." He said stressing the 'please.' He kissed my knuckles lightly.

Tori shot up in bed. Tyberion was licking her face in an attempt to comfort her, sensing her panic from the dream.

Sweat was pouring down her skin, she was panting heavily. Only one thought on her mind, 'Who was Ned Stark?'

What was going on?