Chapter 7: Fight! Fight! Fight!

Tori was bored. She walked aimlessly down the long empty hall of the castle, her hand resting unknowingly on the hilt of her sword. Tyberion followed in the distance, lazily walking behind Victoria. She approached a hallway intersection where she decided to go right followed by another right and then finally a left.

As she walked down the hallway, she began to hear the clanging of wooden swords colliding. She walked faster down the hallway, eager to see what was happening. The wall on the left side soon became a high railing.

Tori ran up to the railing, which in turn made Tyberion run behind her. He could feel the excited energy radiating from her body and was curious to see what she was looking at. The lion finally caught up to her, letting out a deep breath as he came to a halt beside his master.

The pair peered over the railing where they saw Ned and Robert down below. The boys were sweaty but showed no signs of being tired. Robert was older - thus bigger and stronger -however, he seemed to be unable to get the upper hand from Ned. Ned was younger and smaller which gave him an advantage as he was faster. He was quick and nimble, while Robert seemed to allow anger to cloud his vision while he fought.

Robert threw out his leg, effectively tripping Ned. Tyberion winced as Ned fell hard on the frozen ground. Robert's thunderous, full-bellied laugh rang vehemently in Tori's ears. The crowd began to chuckle quietly as Robert placed one foot on Ned's chest and threw his arms in the air, proclaiming his victory. He began to circle the area, arms still in the air, encouraging the crowd to cheer him on.

Tori cringed watching Robert's ego get the best him, a lesson her father taught her long ago. She had really wanted Ned to win, as Robert got on her nerves a bit.

While Robert had his back turned, Ned planted his feet firmly on the ground and propelled himself upward, shocking the crowd into a loud gasp. A smile broke out on Tori's face as Ned knocked Robert's wooden sword to the ground. He then managed to knock Robert's legs out from under him with a few quick, hard swings of his wooden training sword.

Robert's body hit the ground so hard it knocked all of the air out of his lungs. Victoria flinched. His mouth formed an "O" shape as he tried to get the air back into his lungs. Ned placed his dirty boot lightly on top of Robert's chest.

The crowd began to chant. "3!" They paused. "2!" Pause. "1!" The crowd roared in a powerful cheer for the younger boy.

Tori looked around for a staircase as the crowd dispersed. Spotting one across the training area, they jogged down the hallway making two rights. She and Tyberion ran down the stairs spotting Lord Arryn. 

She continued to run towards him only coming to a stop when she was in front of him, Tyberion right beside her the entire time. She looked up at Lord Arryn, her shimmering emerald green eyes locking with his. A beautiful, broad smile took over Tori's face as she gazed at the much older man lovingly.

The corners of his mouth lifted slightly at the sight of the girl's childish act.

"Good morning, dear Tori." Lord Arryn said looking down at the young woman with an adoring smirk.

"Good morning, Lord Arryn," Tori proclaimed happily. She turned slightly, "Ned," she said nodding her head to greet him. She looked down at the ground where Robert still lay "Hello, down there Robert!" she giggled quietly as her shoulders shook.

Robert pouted and huffed almost silently from the ground. Ned nodded his head slowly in acknowledgment.

"Those were some good moves!" she complimented Ned, looking at him as her hand rested unintentionally on the hilt of Cataclysm, drawing their attention to the blade.

Ned's eyes widened just for a second as his eyes made contact with the Valyrian Steel sword.

His gaze was completely unbeknownst to Tori as she politely readdressed Lord Arryn. She eagerly shifted her weight from foot to foot as her shining emeralds dazzled him.

"When will my training begin, my lord?" her eyes glinted as the sun shone on her face.

Before Jon could answer her, a scoff was heard from below. All eyes turned to the source.

"Do you have something to say, young Robert." The playful glint in her eyes now gone. His stormy eyes darkened at the challenge.

"Girls don't fight," he said, his eyes glaring deeply into her soul. Tyberion let out a deep groan, annoyed with Robert's claim.

Her fingers gripped the hilt of her sword tighter, her knuckles turning a ghostly white. Ned's eyes widened as he looked down at her hand. He blinked rapidly, thinking he's imagined the faint green glowing from the girl's small hand.

"You don't think I could beat you?" Tori questioned. Robert shook his head no as Tori straightened out her spine, insulted.

"Challenge accepted," She grunted as she slowly walked over to the barrel that held the extra practice swords. She grasped two of the wooden swords and tossed one toward Robert. His hands rose effortlessly, catching the sword with ease. 

Tyberion stood calmly next to Jon Arryn, eager to watch Tori engage in combat.

"I don't fight girls!" Robert growled through clenched teeth, the point of his sword digging into the dirt.

"Why? Scared you'll lose?" Tori goaded. Robert's jaw ticked but otherwise he gave no reaction.

Ned's gaze shifted wearily among the two, worried about what was to come. Tori stood confidently, her hand wrapped loosely around the hilt of the sword while the point rested in the dirt between her large dark boots. 

She cocked an eyebrow at Robert. His eyes never once leaving hers, his mouth bent into a sneer. His feet shifted, his left going mere inches behind his right. He was preparing to lunge.

Robert lifted his sword swinging it at her aggressively. He let out a fierce battle cry, charging her. She rose her sword quick, effectively blocking the attack. His grip on the weapon was angry as his swings became more and more rapid and reckless by the minute. He swung his sword like a man at war, not really aiming to kill only to wound.

She swung her sword blocking his attack. She swung fast, knocking the sword from his hand. Tori spun expertly around Robert's body. She threw her leg out, knocking him to the ground. She kicked the wooden sword away from his hand as he tried to reach for it.

The crowd of patrons that had surrounded them gasped as Tori jammed the wooden sword down hard into the dirt next Robert's head. Tyberion let out a deafening victory roar, before running to be by Tori's side.

~~~~~

Author's Note:

I'm sorry that this chapter has taken so long to put out, I had writer's block (among other things) and couldn't put to words what I was thinking. I hope that there are still people here to read this new addition, as I think it's a fantastic continuance of the story!

Please be sure to comment and vote on this story to let me know that people are actually interested. Feel free to add it to your Reading Lists as well!

-Guardian