XVI

Yujin sat on the swing of their school's playground, waiting for the clock to hit 9 so that she can go to the gym and watch Wonyoung perform.

She boredly pushed herself with both of her legs as her feet is still in touch with the ground, considering how tall she is.

Why did I even come three hours earlier?

She regret her decision and irked.

It was 8:49 and Yujin was grateful that it was close to 9 or else she'll go mad.

There weren't many kids as expected in the playground, considering they were busy with the booths, rides and bouncy houses but Yujin liked it. Nice and peaceful.

Now, she sat on the slide and rested her back there, getting a nice view of the sunlight and the trees' leaves.

This is definitely Yujin's comfort place.

"Yujin-ah."

The said girl flicked her head up, looking for the owner of the voice.

And there she saw Yena at the entrance of the playground, bickering for her to cone closer.

And so, she did. Fixing her ruffled hair with her fingers as she got closer.

"What?"

"Their performance is starting. Hurry up!"

Yena grabbed Yujin's wrist and dragged her to their gym.

Good thing I can run or I am seriously gonna murder this girl.

When the two entered the gym, they immediately got excited when they noticed the lights were turned off, the stage were decorated with white details as it illuminated in the dark by the stage lights, and a corner for the DJ to work on.

"Mic, test." The DJ tested a microphone and passed it to a part of the staff.

"Let's sit there."

Yena dragged Yujin, once again and sat on two chairs in a fair distance to the stage.

8:55. They were still kinda early so there were just some students inside the gym.

Out of nowhere, a voice can be heard, more than shouted as it got amplified because of the speakers.

"STUDENTS! I SUMMON YOU ALL TO THE GYM, NOW."

Yujin quivered at the voice and covered her ears, along with Yena.

They know for sure that that was their strict P.E. teacher, Kwon Eunbi.

"And while waiting, the DJ will play a song for you all."

Eunbi's voice softened when students flooded into the gym almost immediately.

Now, the gym was packed.

"Wonder what song it'll be." Yena though out loud but Yujin didn't answer.

A soft melody ringed into the big speakers of the gym as it deafened any source of noise that can be heard.

"We're gonna ri-ri-ri-ri-rise 'till we fall."

"Heck yeah, that's Miss Kang's favorite song." Yena said loudly to Yujin, making sure it can be heard through the loud blasts of music.

Yujin smiled a bit, in memory of her teacher making her own version of the song by singing, 'We're gonna ri-ri-ri-ri-rice 'till we're full.'.

The students jammed along the song, singing it's lines as loud as they can and cheered vigorously when the assorted colored beams of light dimmed and Lee Daehwi, the school's president, stepped on stage wearing a tuxedo.

"Good morning, fellow students!" He greeted but Yujin payed no attention.

She was getting impatient.

She wanted to get over with this, as soon as possible.

She wanted to be with Wonyoung now.

She wanted to be with her in the rides.

Play with her in the game booths.

Get caught by the marshals and get sent to the jail booth.

Wonyoung hiding herself behind Yujin, scared because of the haunted house...

Wonyoung hugging Yujin, as the ride, Anchor's Away was swinging...

Wonyoung and Yujin getting set up-

"The first performance will be Jo Yuri singing her self-composed song, Really Like You, next will be the teachers dancing Rumor, our dance company covering BTS' Fire and lastly, Class 2-1's performance of Rollin' Rollin'!"

Oh God.

-----
I am fully aware that yuri didnt compose really like you so dont shout at me lol