1:2

Jenna showed up to my house right at six and woke me up in a way that made me want to commit murder.

"Em! Wake up! We have to get ready" she screams as she slams open my door and turns my light on.

I roll over and groan in to my pillow.

"Come on Em, Reed will be here in two hours!"

"Good let m sleep then" I mumble

There's a silence and then my blanket is ripped off of me.

"Get your booty up Emery Marie"

"Ugh fine"

I stretch out my limbs and roll out of bed.

"Go get in the shower and I'll pick out your outfit" Jenna says pushing me out of the room.

I stumble on my way in to the bathroom. Once inside I shut and lock the door behind me before I peel my clothes off my body.

I step into the shower and turn on the water. It's cold at first but quickly warms up. I make quick work of washing my hair, shaving my legs, and cleaning my body before I step out of the shower.

Turing off the water I wrap a fluffy white towel around my body and unlock the door. After gathering my clothes from the floor I step into the hallway, only to be greeted by a very angry Pastor John. He eyes were narrowed into slits as he glares at me.

"Why do you insist on making me look bad?" He says in a stern, menacing voice.

"Wha-"

"Don't play stupid Emery. Why did I get a call from Reed telling me that you skipped out on your class again? He had to go all over town looking for you only to find you at the beach yet again!"

Of course Reed said something to him. Even though I'm his girlfriend his loyalty definitely didn't lie with me.

"I-I'm sorry John"

John grits his teeth but doesn't say anything. I take that as my cue to walk away, but I'm yanked back by his hand wrapped around my upper arm.

"Don't let it happen again or else" he threatens as his grip on my arm tightens.

I wince and nod my head before he lets go and storms down the hall. I quickly rush to my bedroom and shut the door behind me before leaning against it.

Jenna comes out of my closet with a hand full of clothes and her cellphone to her ear. A huge smile spread across her face.

"I know I cant wait..... I love you too baby"

She looks up and notices me before saying her goodbyes.

"You and Freddie are saying I love you now?" I ask her with a quirked eyebrow.

Her cheeks get bright red and she tucks a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Yeah, I'm going to see him this weekend"

"That's great Jen"

She smiles at me and picks up two shirts, a peach off the shoulder and a army green t shirt.

"Which one?"

I look between the two shirts. The peach one was my favorite, but with the bruises on my arm I couldn't wear it without people asking questions.

"The green one"

Jenna smiles and hands me the shirt as she goes to my dresser and pulls out a pair of denim shorts. I grab a bra and pair of underwear before going in to my closet to change.

After throwing on my clothes, I find a pair of socks and grab my hairbrush.

"Stilettos or wedges?" Jenna asks as I walk out of my closet.

"We're going to the beach Jen"

She scrunches up her face.

"You're right what was I thinking, wedges it is"

I roll my eyes and tie my hair up in a high ponytail. Catching sight of the bruise peeking out of my shirt I quickly drop my arms and slip my feet in to my white converse.

I quickly apply some mascara and lip gloss before grabbing my jean jacket and my purse.

Jenna trails behind me as we make our way downstairs. As we pass the kitchen I get a glimpse of my mom sitting at the table.

"Bye Mrs. Wilkinson" Jenna says with a little wave

"Bye Jenna! Have fun!"

"We will!" She responds, grabbing my hand and pulling me outside.

Reeds mustang was sitting at the curb when we finally got out the front door. He waves at us from the driver's side as Jenna and I go to his car.

I slide in the passenger seat and buckle my seatbelt before Reed drives off towards the beach.

The radio was playing some new song by Charlie Puth that Jenna and Reed were singing along to. But my attention was on the sky. I focused on the clouds and the birds, and the way they moved so freely. They could go anywhere they wanted.

The salty ocean air greets me as we step out of Reeds car. I walk ahead of them but Reed runs to my side and wraps his arm around my waist. I pull away from him and put my jean jacket on before starting towards the drink table.

Reed is by my side in seconds and his arm returns to my waist in a possessive manner. The guy behind the bar approaches us with a smile.

"What can u get you?" He asks me

I open my mouth to reply but am cut off by Reed.

"I'll take a corona with a lime wedge and she'll have a water"

The bartender glances at me before getting our drinks.

After placing his beer and a cup of water on the bar for us he turns to help the next person in line.

Reeds grip on my waist tightens as he pulls me away from the bar and towards the fire. Jenna was dancing to a song that was playing with a cup in her hand.

Reed glances at her, a small smile playing on his lips then his attention is on me.

"Why are you wearing a jacket?" He asks taking a sip of his beer?

"It's cold out" I lie.

I had gotten so used to hiding the bruises on me that lying about them had become a natural thing. An instinct almost.

"Dance with me" Reed says finishing the rest of his beer.

"I don't want to"

"It wasn't a question" he says throwing out his bottle and my cup.

Grabbing my hand he leads me out to the area where everyone was dancing. He pulls me close to him and starts moving against me.

I plant my hands again this chest and push but he wouldn't budge.

"Reed get off me"

"I don't think so. I'm dancing with my girlfriend"

I shove harder and he still doesn't move.

"Stop testing me Emery" he hisses at me as his grip on my wrist tightens.

"Reed let go."

That only aggravated him further. His grips tightens even more and his brown eyes darken.

"Reed stop, you're hurting me"

As if something snaps inside him he releases his grip and his face goes back to normal.

"I uh- I'm sorry Emery" he says

"I need to pee"

He nods his head and I rush away from him and towards the bathrooms. I glance behind me and see that Reed is nowhere to be found, so I change my course to the only place that feels like home anymore.