2:10

I don't know why I asked that, but it was the first question that I word vomited. I instantly regretted it when I saw his reaction.

His face paled and and his eyes widened. He slowly steps away from me and rubs the back of his neck.

I don't know if I was bothered by the thought that he could be a father, or that he didn't know.

"When was the last time you talked to her?"

His shoulders slacken and his body collapses onto my bed.

"Um, last time we spoke, she slapped me in the face and told me she never wanted to see me again. I chose the gang over her because my dad found out she was pregnant. He threatened me and I broke things off with her."

He sighs deeply and runs a hand through his drenched hair. "She didn't even tell me. I only find out because of my dad. When I asked her about it, she didn't say anything to me. When I broke up with her she left and I haven't talked to her since."

He lifts his gaze up to mine and they soften as he studies me.

"I don't know if she had the baby or not. She never told me. I never heard anything about it."

I slowly walk over to him and sit on the bed before grabbing his hand and linking our fingers together. I press a small kiss against his cheek and rest my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry" I tell him after a brief silence.

He doesn't reply but instead gives my hand a reassuring squeeze. I sit with him in silence until his body relaxes.

"I wish I knew what she did with the baby. I wish she had at least told me if I was a father. I'd raise them better than my father raised me and keep them as far away from the gang life as possible."

"Did you ever try to contact her?" I meekly ask the question.

He shakes his head. "I was afraid of the answer she'd give me. It doesn't matter anyway. I'd be a horrible father right now. I need to fix myself before I could even begin to think about raising a kid"

I felt my heart sink. He didn't deserve to feel that way.

I didn't know what to say to him. But I knew that I needed to get his mind off of it.

I squeeze his hand and stand up before heading to my small closet. I didn't have many clothes but I had enough for what I needed.

I grab out a pair of ripped skinny jeans and my baby blue cable knit sweater before sliding to my dresser and grabbing my white cotton panty and bra combo.

Without thinking I drop my towel and pull my panties up my legs before clipping my bra on. I squeeze into my jeans and turn to face River.

His eyes were on me and trailed my body in a not so subtle way before he quirked a eyebrow at me.

"Get dressed, I wanna take you somewhere" I tell him, throwing the shirt over my head.

He silently stands and grabs his clothes from the night before that had been scattered around the room before getting dressed.

While he slides on his shoes I brush my hair and put some product in it before pinning my bangs back.

I slip on my no longer white converse and grab his hand before pulling him out of my room.

I grab the keys to Becca's car and my purse on my way out the door.

River and I are both silent as we ride down the elevator together. The space between us was comfortable and we were both at ease.