Spiderling

This one was inspired by the post above!

______

Peter was exhausted, to say the least. He'd been up late last night working on homework and so, when Clint offered him a cup of coffee, he didn't notice the not so obvious laugh that he was trying to hide, or the fact that the rest of the Avengers watched the exchange with odd intensity. He just accepted the cup with a smile and took a large gulp. Immediately, he regretted his decision. It tasted god-awful.

"Mr. Barton, do you even know how to the coffee pot works," he asked jokingly, sure he had swallowed what tasted like a whole coffee bean.

Clint shook his head, but laughed and walked away. When Peter turned around, he found the rest of the Avengers still staring curiously. He just gave them a weird look and went to the lab to finish the suit modifications he was working on. About an hour later, he was interrupted by a scream from behind him. When he looked, he saw Mr. Stark standing in the doorway, a confused and shocked expression plastered across his face.

"Alright, Clint, why is there a kid in my lab. I thought I told you you can't bring yours to the tower," he bellowed into the hallway. Immediately, and with a triumphant grin, Clint appeared in the doorway. He ran past Mr. Stark and into the room, bending down so that he was eye-level with Peter.

Wait, bending down? Peter normally stood at about the same height as him, maybe a bit taller. Now that he looked around, everything seemed a bit taller, but he had assumed that it was just a weird side effect of his tiredness.

"Oh my god, he is so cute. Can we keep him, Tony?" Clint cooed, cupping Peter's cheeks in his hands.

"Huh?" Peter interjected, but was cut short by the arrival of Steve and Bucky, along with Thor and Natasha, who Peter hadn't even noticed in the living room. Natasha took one look at him before rushing over and hugging him, ruffling his hair.

"I call dibs," she said matter-of-factly. Tony and Peter just exchanged confused looks, as Steve and Bucky suppressed laughs.

"Tony, why is there a small midguardian in your lab? Have you had a child without alerting us?" He gave Tony a hurt look, and Tony just shook his head, pinching his nose in frustration.

"I will only ask this one more time. Why. Is. There. A. Child. In. My. Lab?" His voice was loud and firm as everyone in the room stared at him. Peter was the first to speak up.

"Mr. Stark, what's going on?" Tony looked at him, in shock. The voice sounded familiar, and now that he really looked at the kid, he looked a bit familiar too.

"Kid, what is your name and how did you get here without FRIDAY alerting me?" By now, Peter was as confused as him, unsure of why Mr. Stark was pretending not to know him.

"Mr. Stark, why are you acting like you don't know me? I'm Peter, remember? Spiderman?" Tony's eyes widened further than anyone had thought possible. When he looked at the kid, he realized that he did look like Peter. Only, he was smaller. He had the same curly brown hair, big doe eyes, and bushy eyebrows. His voice sounded the same too, only higher and a bit squeakier. He was looking at Peter. Except he was somehow 6 rather than 15.

"Pete? What happened to you?" He turned to Clint, rage in his eyes. "What did you do to him?"

Clint could only squeak and run out the door, praying Tony wouldn't catch him. Everyone stared at Peter, who still didn't know what was happening. That was, until he pulled out his phone and turned on the camera. He screamed, running his hands over his tiny face. He looked just like himself, just way younger.

"Mr. Stark! Can you fix this?" He gave Tony a panicked expression, and Tony melted, seeing his baby puppy dog face and puffy cheeks.

"I'll get Bruce on it right away. Though, you might have to stay in the tower for a few days until we figure this out. May will kill me if she sees this," he sighed.

Peter could only nod, when suddenly, he was hoisted into the air. He looked down to see himself sitting atop Natasha's shoulders and he had to smile at that.

"Sorry, Tony. I had first dibs. He's my kid now." She smiled at him and bolted for the door, a laughing Peter bouncing on her shoulders. She probably would have made it if Rhodey hadn't tackled her, sending Peter and Natasha to the ground. Well, Natasha hit the ground, Peter was snatched out of the air by Steve, who held him up above his head and smiled at him. Peter smiled back and for a moment, Steve wished he had a kid too.

Someone tapped Steve's shoulder and he turned around, lowering Peter. That was a mistake, because Bucky grabbed the kid and ran to the living room, clutching Peter to his chest like a football. He almost made it to the elevator before he felt his body go numb, and looked up to see Tony, fully suited up, with his arm extended.

"Give me my kid," he said, sternly. Bucky complied with a groan, handing him over. Peter could do nothing throughout the whole ordeal, his spidey-senses feeling weak, likely due to his sudden drop in age and his tired state. The next thing he knew, he was being held tightly in Iron Man's arms and could do nothing about it.

"Mr. Stark, am I going to be okay?" Tony had been making his way to Bruce's lab, but stopped to look down at Peter when he spoke.

"Yeah kid, you'll be alright." His voice was soft, and the smile seemed warm and genuine. Peter smiled back and Tony knocked on Bruce's door. He was greeted with a quick, "It's open," and nothing more. When he walked in, Bruce just stared at him blankly.

"Tony, when did you find the time to have a kid?" Tony just shook his head and sighed, placing Peter on the desk Bruce was working at. Peter smiled at Bruce and waved a tiny hand at him. Bruce only waved back, staring at him. He looked familiar.

"Clint did- well- something to him. I need you to fix it for me, I have a press conference in an hour." Bruce could only nod his head, lost, before Tony left.

"Hi, Mr. Banner, Sir! I'm Peter! Can you help me?" Bruce shot up from his chair in shock.

"Peter? Why are you, um, a baby? Not that you weren't already," he joked, and Peter rolled his eyes.

"Mr. Barton made me coffee, and I think he put something in it. And now, well, I'm like, seven." Peter held out his arms for Bruce to see. Bruce nodded his head, and went to find the coffee cup while Peter got off of the desk and walked around. Suddenly, he felt two hands grab his waist and lift him up. He was about to scream until he saw Clint's face. Clint lifted him up and tiptoed out of the room, holding a finger to his lips and signaling for Peter to be quiet. Peter nodded, confused, and Clint made his way towards the elevator. Though, when it opened, he found himself face to face with Pepper Pots, who, unlike the rest of the Avengers, recognized Peter immediately. After a moment of staring at the pair, she spoke.

"Clint, you think you can just turn Peter into a baby and sneak off with him without him noticing?"

"How does everyone know I did it?" Clint groaned.

"I'm not a baby," Peter whined, which only made the two stare at him softly and "aww".

Pepper snatched Peter from Clint and carried him gently in her arms over to the couch, where she sat him down and put on a movie. The next thing Peter knew, he was surrounded by the rest of the Avengers, all fighting to sit next to him as he drifted off to sleep. And he meant fist fighting.

And, so was Peter's life for the next few days, until Bruce could find a way to reverse the effects of Clint's de-aging serum. Peter was happy to be able to spend so much time with the Avengers, and Tony was happy to spend so much time with the kid, though would never admit that to anyone, except maybe Pepper, who felt the same way. Maybe Tony did want kids some day.

_____

Maybe I'll do a part two at some point :)