Chapter 3

Chapter 3- Jordi

It was already an hour into English when Alex started squirming in the back of my mind even more than he has been for the past few days. I don't know how we can feel when our wolves are moving around but I guess we just feel it because of the connection. But it was like he was stuck in a foam pit and was desperately trying to get out. His squirming was starting to make me squirm.

It was a few minutes later that I smelt it. It was so enticing and delectable I was determined to memorize it right here and now. The smell was one of watermelon and coffee. Weird, but amazing. Alex started to scream at me in the back of my mind. "Mate! Mate!"

My head whipped around to the door when it was opened and the sweet smell became stronger, but something stood out in it more. I didn't smell the werewolf gene like I could to any of the pack members or rogues. She's human. That's odd. This is an all werewolf school. Standing in the doorway, was none other than my mate. She was so beautiful, with her small frame, a light shade of brown freckles covering her gorgeous face. Luscious dirty-blonde hair cascading down to her shoulders. She had on a hoodie that hung on her frame, but even if it was baggy, I could still tell she was tiny under it. "Jo, she's beautiful."

Replying with an 'I know,' I shook my head. Wait, just this morning I was saying how I didn't want to find mine. I knew I would eventually, but now? And plus, she's human! All these emotions were being thrown at me all of a sudden. I'm having emotions of love, desire, and what? I'm so confused. I'm definitely not gonna reject her, I mean she's beautiful, I couldn't do that to her. I couldn't do that to the pack either. They lost their Luna last year and they need one back. And besides, I've always believed in love at first sight. And I think I'm a very, very, firm believer now.
Shuffling her way into the room, I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

The teacher looked at her and down on his roster. "Hi, you must be the new student." She just nods. "Why don't you introduce yourself to the class here." He motions towards us with his hand. She looks really nervous. Must be really shy.

"I'm L-Layla." She says, and pulls her sleeves down over her hands and looks to the ground. She's adorable.

"Well hi, Layla. There's about half an hour left of class so I will get you started on the assignment tomorrow. For now why don't you go take a seat in the back over there and get situated." He smiled towards her and she looked up.

Her eyes were roaming the class, trying to find an empty seat, which, to my disappointment, was next to Taylor and not me. Taylor was right beside me, and she would be seated on the other side of him. She started maneuvering her way to the back when she tripped a little, but caught herself on someone's desk. The whole class started laughing. But with a growl from me, they shut up immediately. Layla regained her balance and finally reached her desk.
I mind-linked Taylor, something werewolves can do only with members of their pack and their mates. "Tay, she's my mate. Help her since she's closer to you and not me. And don't do anything stupid."

He looked surprised at first, then responded, "Alright. And congrats, she's gorgeous."

"I know. Thanks." And with that, I cut off our link. I had a huge smile on my face now. I don't think it could get any smaller.

And that's how the rest of the day went until lunch. I was disappointed she didn't have any other classes with me for the beginning of the day, but my smile never wavered. And she could have the next two with me after lunch.

When I sat down at my usual table, with the guys, Taylor was missing. And then he strolled through the doors with Layla beside him. They had every class together so far, Taylor mind-linked me earlier.

She had a slight smile on her face. It looked like he was asking her to come sit with us and when I tuned in to their conversation, thanks to my sensitive hearing, that's exactly what he asked. Even though she turned it down. A small frown graces my face when I heard her say she shouldn't. But Taylor being Taylor grabbed her wrist gently, and pulled her towards our table. She flinched when he went to grab her then relaxed some when he was gentler.

"Hey Jordi, guys. Everyone, this is Layla, my friend, so be nice." He introduced Layla to the group and I stood up to introduce myself and the others to her.

"Hey, I'm Jordi. And this is Taylor, as you know, and these guys are Judd, Brett, Lauren who is Brett's m- girlfriend, and Kelsey." Motioning to the group of people I call my friends, I listed each of their names. I didn't want to say Lauren was Brett's mate because Layla's human, she might not know about werewolves. Judd was my third in command and he hasn't found his mate yet, and neither has Kelsey. Layla just nodded to each of them and looked down again.

Taylor spoke up, "Here, you can sit next to me." He sat down at the end of the table and left a space between me and him with no room on the other side of him. Silently thanking him, I looked up at her again. Damn, she's beautiful.

She looked nervous as her eyes darted from Taylor to me and to the seat between us. After hesitating, she slowly sat herself down on the bench.

"Hey, I'm Jordi, again.. yeah. Well I'm in your English class."
She just looked up at me and nodded. She was so small. Almost like a child. "What classes do you have next? I might have more with you and can show you around. Does Taylor have the other two classes with you as well?"

She just took out her schedule and handed it to me. "N-No, he doesn't-t." She was so cute when she was nervous.

I glanced at her schedule and my smile grew. Her next two classes were Music and Math. The same as me. "Hey look at that, we have the same classes next." She just nodded at that. "Oh, here, you can have some. I'm done." I said, sliding my plate next to her, she must be hungry.

She just slid it back to me. "No t-thank you. I'm not h-hungry." She said, then looked at her hands again. She's really shy. I'm gonna break her out of that shell soon. I may have only met her a few hours ago, and I may not have wanted a mate, but I got one and I'm loving it and her so much already.