Ch. 1 Caught Off Guard!

Please note: My first chapter starts off with the second lead character on purpose! It switches over to the main character for chapter two and will periodically change based on who has the P.O.V. (Point Of View) 😄 Hope you enjoy my revision...

Also: PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE! It means quite a bit to me...✌😁
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Narration of Jazmine---

"Hay May! Pass me a soda, would you?" I flipped my head toward my friend feeling the overpowering heat of the sun beating down on me.

We where currently at the park in our town of Vestinous for a family friendly cook out. At least, it's what my parents claimed it was but truthfully, I think it was their way of pushing me out of the house for once.

May was walking back from talking with her Mom when I had called out to her, "Ya, coming right up!" She walked over to a cooler her parents had stocked with refreshments but someone had beaten her to it.

"Hold up May..." Turning to me, "I got it for you!" Marcus grabbed a can out of the cooler in front of him and after shaking it, playfully chucked it toward my head. "Good luck with that one! It was the last can too. Hahaha..."

As it did an aerial flip, I dodged to the side slightly and caught the can reflexively with my left hand. This earned me an applause from May.

"Aaaaaah! YOU ASS... It will explode if I open it now. I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!!" I proceeded to chase Marcuse down to teach him a lesson.

All in all, the situation was okay and not as bad as it may have just sounded. These two are actually good friends of mine...

My friend's parents were good friends with my own since their highschool years. So naturally the three of us grew up together as well and became pretty close. They were the closest things I had to siblings since I was an only child.

When it came to Marcus, I knew he wouldn't have hit me with the can because he knew that I had basic self-defence skills. Since practising, it had refined my reflexes.

My Dad had insisted I take them when I turned thirteen...

Memory of four years ago:

"Daddy's little girl is just getting tooo cute! I need you to be able to protect yourself as you get older. I can't always be around to show guys you'll meat my gun collection..." He looked at me sternly as if to say you're taking the classes and that's final.

What's with the gun collection threat? You don't even own a firearm...

At first I retorted back: "Wha-what gun collection?! You never even had one dad! Don't go embarissing me in front of compleat strangers like you normally do... If that happens, even if I do like someone in the future, I'll be single from now to eternity!!!"

He gave me a hug and then ruffled my hair into a artfully messy knot. "I will get a collection if it will protect my only daughter. Don't take this lightly... The only one I deem worthy of you right now is my best friend Matt's son, Marcus! I will be lenient with him perhaps, but even then..." He returned to pondering his ideas once more.