Ch. 4 Well, This Is Unexpected...

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE! It means quite a bit to me...✌😁

Jazmine's P.O.V.---

As soon as the door clicked shut I threw my fists in the air and could contain how excited I had become any longer.

Wowowow! A real alien... I was right! Man I have so many questions... Heheeee!

My head held high, I hurriedly scuttled down the steps and almost tripped on something that was on the tiled floor as I rounded the corner. Righting myself, I had just enough time to get a good look at what this object was. At the same time, my mother and father were finally tripping back through the door from their own late night, with an audible snap of our front door being opened and then shut tight.

Crap!

I swiped my foot to the side hurriedly, but successfully, kicking the object out from the open and underneath a fine-china cabinet my mother had in our diningroom.

Few... Good thing I cleaned everything up last night, but how did I not see anything else on the floor?

Notecing nothing I just did, Dad was the first to great me with a slightly tired and forced enthusiastic voice: "Hay Jaz! What are you doing up so early? It's not a school day, you should be taking advantage of it and sleeping in some."

"Hay Dad, just couldn't sleep well is all..." I gave an innocent smile back.

He then gave me a look of you can't fool me as he added: "I know you stayed up most of the night studying, it just seems to be what you do." He let out a chuckle. "You should try acting more like the regular teens your age. It's nice you care about your grades but don't forget how to have fun in the process. Nothing too crazy though..."

I gave him an arched eyebrow with an I think not look in reply.

Never going to happen. They are all mostly stuck-up preps! Well, except for my besties, they all are... As for acting like a shut-in, I just want to make it to a good art school without being a financial burde-

Mom cut across my inner thought: "Hay sweety, now that you're up... Need me to help you with breakfast?"

Me: "Oh, no... Thanks mom, but I will be fine with just eggs and toast today. You two should go get some sleep yourselves. You just came home, which means you have been up all night also." I held up my pointer finger as I added: "Didn't you tell me you would be leaving on a business related trip tomorrow?"

Mom: "Huh? Oh-yes... We will be leaving you at home alone for four days as a matter-of-fact. Being a realtor is not easy work. Sometimes you have to collaborate with others to make the sails." She gave me a wink.

Dad came over and ruffled my hair into tangles: "Yep, your mother is right.... But so are you, Jaz." He then looked over at my Mother who had her head at a slightly confused tilt. "Let Jazmine handle her breakfast hunny, we sould rest before we tweak our packing for tomorrow."

Somehow, I was just reminded to ask: "Oh! How is Aunt Anita doing in the hospital by the way..."

Dad gave me a relived smurk. "She is doing much better. Turns out, your Aunt had just pushed herself too far and was not allowing for proper time to rest. With an overloaded scedual, she collapsed from fatigue; not another heart attack this time like we all imagined. My sister has always been a bit of a workaholic..."