Prologue: Welcome to Akademi High! (pt. 2)

The moment I pushed the door of the gym, I saw an unexpected sight.

People. People of my age. Many of them.

They were crowded together in the centre of the gym and seemed nervous. Could it be? Are they in the same situation as me? I thought to myself.

A girl then spoke up.

"So now there's 16 of us. You must be the last one to arrive here.".

"Wowww and he's totally late!" another girl said enthusiastically.

"W-what? I'm late? B-but--".

"Ignore her." said the first girl.

"Who are you guys? The last thing I remember was being in the entrance hall of Akademi High and then somehow I lost consciousness...".

"Yes, everyone in here has had the same kind of experience." one of the boys spoke up.

I quickly counted the number of people in there. 8 girls and 7 boys...counting me there's 8 boys. So 16 people in total...

"But why are we here? What is happening?".

"Nobody really understands." said that boy who talked previously. "But we were about to introduce ourselves to each other so maybe we can figure out something!".

"O-okay I guess...".

I decided to introduce myself to the strangers in front of me. Firstly I headed over to the first girl that ever spoke. There was no doubt who she was. Her characteristical long silver hair and eyes, imposing figure and confident tone showed exactly who she was.

"Hi...I'm Taro Yamada." I said reluctantly.

"Hello Taro. I'm Megami Saikou, the Ultimate CEO. Pleased to meet you.".

The Ultimate CEO: Megami Saikou
The daughter of the CEO of the most powerful company in the country, Saikou Corp. Because she is going to become the next CEO, she has undergone extensive training since young age, so she can become the perfect CEO.

Megami extended her hand at me. I awkwardly shook hands with her.

"Megami Saikou?!" I had understood from the start that it was her, but actually hearing her say that herself... "H-how come someone as important as you is here?!".

"Important huh? Well, I believe we are all equals here. Every one of us holds a specific talent, something that nobody else is perfect at other than themselves. Well, to answer your question, my ancestor is the founder of this academy. So it is only natural that I would attend here".

That is true... I thought.
Saisho Saikou...yeah, he was definitely the founder of this very school! I remember looking it up while traveling here.

"Oh y-yeah, I guess you're right... it's an honour to meet you, Ms Saikou!".

"Please, address to me as Megami. What is your Ultimate Talent, Taro?".

"Ah yeah, I'm the Ultimate Writer...".

"You're the Ultimate Writer huh? I've heard about you. You wrote your very first book at the age of 12 and it instantly became a best-seller. You must be really skilled, for sure your parents must have prepared you for that!".

"My parents? N-no, actually, they don't really read books at all... it was just me that read books since I was very young.".

"Oh, then that explains it too. Well then, why don't you talk to the others here?".

"S-sure...".

Wow, she really is imposing, even if she doesn't realize it herself! She made me feel really awkward...