f i f t e e n

A/N: oof i know i havent been uploading as much as i used to but like i guess i just got burnt out from posting almost every single day to the point where i had major writer's block so ive been trying to give myself lil breaks :'D

—————

SCARLET'S POV
the bedroom scene

Mexico was boring as hell without Alex here.

Yeah, Amelia is and always will be my bestest friend in the entire world, but Alex and I always had a different connection that Amelia didn't have. We had more of the same dark and twisted humor while Amelia just enjoyed partying and makeup. Alex would stay up at 2 AM with me while we ate mac and cheese and rewatched the same films over and over again. Amelia just liked getting drunk.

Alex was a breath of fresh air for me, and right now, I was suffocating.

It was around 3 PM as I was just laying upside down on my bed, my head hanging off the edge. I was scrolling through all the Instagram stories my friends had posted from VidCon, frowning from jealousy.

I wish I could've gone, but I really needed to save my money for college and whatnot.

I went on Twitter and saw that Ani had posted a tweet about some group meetup. It was going to be on Friday at 12 PM—it was tomorrow.

I mean...if I go get a plane trip to California today, I could make it in time—What the hell, Scarlet. Snap out of it. You can't waste all your money just to see your friends in California.

...Or could I?

I sat upright in bed as I counted all my money in my wallet—$157 dollars.

I went on my phone to check my bank account—$533 dollars.

I then went on my laptop to see how much a flight from Mexico to Los Angeles would be—the cheapest was $230 dollars.

I bit my lip as I hesitated. I started to get excited as my heart rate went up—I wanted to go really bad, and I knew I could afford it, but I just didn't wanna waste so much money in one sitting.

I'd have to get a plane ticket there, one back, pay for a hotel, transportation fees, VidCon fees, etc.

But then, I started to cancel out all the unnecessary fees that I already knew I had. I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel considering the Commentary Crew got an Airbnb that would be really cheap if I wanted to stay in since we'd all be chipping in a small amount each. Also, I wouldn't need to pay for VidCon passes since I just want to go to California to meet my friends for the first time. I bounced my leg in excitement as my computer cursor hovered over the 'BUY TICKET' option.

And as quick as a Thanos snap, I bought them.

I was about to board the airplane as I got a text from Alex.

duck boi
mi cielito you havent texted
me all day are you good???

the cute one
aaaa yes im very good sry
habibi i had taken a fat nap
the entire day :ooo still super
tired tho hehe so i might just
sleep again!

I groaned. That was literally the worst excuse ever. Obviously, I wanted to surprise everyone of my arrival in California.

duck boi
alright :( ill let you rest. make
sure you stay hydrated and
shit lol

the cute one
of course bb! hope cali
is fun aaaaa

I turned my phone off without waiting for a response. I shoved my phone in my pocket, picked up my suitcase, then boarded the plane.

I was going to take a Snapchat of the airplane window but then I realized that my friends would know I was on a plane, so I just took a photo without posting it anywhere for the memories.

Los Angeles sure was crowded as fuck.

I had to maneuver through everyone as I tried looking for my Uber in a cluster of traffic. I called him two hours ago and he only just arrived now. It was pitch black outside.

Once I found him, I got in the car.

"What's the name you have?" I asked him cautiously.

"Uber ride for Scarlet Anderson," he replied.

I nodded, "perfect," I said as I then sat down.

"So, i suppose you just got back from a flight?" He asked me.

I let out a light laugh as I nodded, "yeah, I'm visiting California for a bit. I'm actually from Mexico, though," I told him.

He raised an eyebrow, "What're you doing all the way from there?"

"I'm here to visit some friends, actually. There's a small convention in Anaheim that they're all going to and since I've never met them before, I decided to might as well come," I smiled, shrugging slightly.

"Ah," he replied as he gave me a small chuckle.

We continued with small talk as we then arrived at a motel.

Originally, I was gonna stay at the Commentary Crew's house but I wanted my plan to be perfect.

Basically, I was gonna go to their meetup and try to not have them spot me. Then, I'd go in line and 'meet' them. Hopefully, my plan works cause I'm wasting a whole night at some cheap motel just for this.

I paid the lady at the front desk as she gave me a kind smile and handed me the keycard.

I got into my room and collapsed on the bed, closing my eyes as I drifted off to sleep.

—————

A/N: lil short chapter to build up for the next one hehe