part 2

Skin

The skin is a delicate part of the body that needs attention and care. One has to take care of the skin to make it appealing and have the best texture and complexion.

a) cleaning your face

. Buy a facial wash made from natural ingredients;
. Avoid fragrances in your face washes as these can irritate sensitive skin. Certain chemicals can also cause irritation. They may even cause hormonal imbalances or cancer. Read the ingredient label of your face wash for harmful ingredients, such as:
DEA (Diethylamine)
MEA (Mono ethanolamine)
TEA (Triethanolamine)

.

Wash your face twice a day. Apply cleanser to a facial scrub brush or clean hands. Lather the wash onto your face with circular motions. Wash off the cleanser with lukewarm water. Do this after you wake up and before you go to bed.  Do not do it more often, or you risk drying out your skin.

.Blend honey and lemon to make a face wash.  Alternatively, you can make your own face wash.
*Squeeze a lemon into a clean glass. Add 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of honey, and mix the ingredients together.
*Honey is a natural moisturizer and will cleanse your face without over-drying it.
If you have dry skin, replace the lemon with 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of milk.
You can store any extra wash in the fridge as long as you keep it in an airtight jar.

.Mix a facial scrub from sugar. Sugar scrubs are ideal for exfoliating your face and removing dead skin cells.
Put the ingredients in a glass and mix them together. Rub the mixture over your face and neck. Massage it in by making circular movements with your fingers. You can do this kind of scrub while taking a shower or a bath, but you should not do it more than 3 times a week. Your skin will feel smoother afterwards. You can mix sugar with:
*Honey
*Yogurt
*Grape Seed oil

.Apply a facial mask made from oatmeal. Grind 2 tablespoons (11.25 g) of oats in a food processor. Mix the oats with 1 teaspoon (4.9 mL) each of honey and yogurt. It should form a paste. Rub this paste over your face, and let it sit for 20 minutes. Remove the paste with warm water.

Cleaning the body

*Wash your body with castile soap. Castile soap is an olive oil-based soap. There are both liquid body washes as well as hard soap bars. Some are even scented with essential oils. Pour or rub the soap on a damp wash cloth. Lather it over your body, and rinse it away completely.

*Make a salt scrub for your feet or body. Salt granules are larger than sugar, and they are better suited for tougher parts of your body. Use a coarse sea salt or Himalayan pink salt. Combine 1 cup (220 g) of salt with 1⁄ 2 cup (120 mL) of almond, grapeseed, or avocado oil. With clean fingers, massage the scrub over your damp skin.
You can add a few drops of essential oil to give it a fragrance.
You should exfoliate your body 1 to 3 times a week.

*Scrub your body with exfoliating gloves. If you do not want to use a scrub, you can exfoliate your body with gloves. Lather the gloves up with a natural body wash, such as castile soap, and work the soap over your body. Rinse off completely afterwards. Do not use the gloves on your face.
Rinse the gloves and hang them to dry afterwards. You can use the gloves repeatedly.

*Take a baking soda bath. Add half a cup (260 g) of baking soda to a warm bath. Baking soda is a natural deodorant, and it can help exfoliate your skin. [6] Do not do this more than once a month.