4

Professor Moody threw the doors open wide, his fake eye swiveling around to look on the back of his head at y/n. She was rushing after him, a determined look on her face.

The two marched up the hall, causing everyone to look at them and whisper. Y/n scanned the crowd, her eyes landing on Harry, Ron and Hermione. They were sitting at the Gryffindor table along with Neville.

The second Neville saw her his eyes light up. Sitting up straight he gave her a nervous wave. Y/n winked back, a smirk spreading across her face as she reached the front of the hall.

Dumbledore stood, walking down to great Moody. He had a very long white beard and half moon glasses on a nose that looked very crooked. His bright blue eyes seemed to cut right though y/n when he looked at her.

"Ms. Y/l/n. I have been waiting a long time to finally meet you." Y/n smiled, sticking out her hand.

"Me too sir." He took her hand, smiling down at the y/c/h haired girl.

"Take a seat on that stool. I will sort you myself." Y/n obeyed, sitting down on the stool in front of the whole school.

"Y/l/n y/n!" Announced Dumbledore before lowering a hat on top of y/n's head. Y/n looked forward waiting for something to happen before suddenly a voice spoke.

"Ohhhh I've been waiting for you~" y/n blinked, a curse leaving her lips as she jumped up. A murmur and a chuckle ripped through the hall, including several of the teachers. "Calm down y/l/n, I'm the hat. I'm the one who's going to sort you." Y/n furrowed her brows, standing up straight.

"Who came up with that idea?" The hat chuckled, twisting y/n's head around side to side.

"Don't worry about it. Now, I think it's pretty clear that you are brave. Much braver than most." Y/n blushed lightly.

"Thanks." The hat nodded before speaking again.

"But you have amazing leader ship skills, and ambition to spare!" Y/n giggled.

"Man, this is getting embarrassing."

"you are smart, very smart indeed. And kind. Always willing to help those around you not matter what costs." It said, trailing off. Y/n Brie her lips, nervous for the final verdict.

"So...?" The hat remained silent for a couple seconds before yelling out.

"...Gryffindor!!" Y/n's face broke out in a huge grin as relief hit her. Taking off the hat she thanked Dumbledore and rushed over to the Gryffindor table to sit next to her friends.

That night was the best night of her life. She eat more than she ever had and talked and laughed with almost everyone. They all wanted to know why she had joined in the fourth year, which she answered with an excuse every time.

She didn't want pity. She knew her situation sucked, but she got out of it and now she was here. She was hoping to let go of the past and that wouldn't happen if everyone in her school knew what had happened.

by the time dinner was over, y/n had gotten to know all of Ron's siblings and it was clear that she and the twins would be spending a lot of time together. They ended up starting a small food fight until the teachers stopped them.

As y/n was stuffing her face with cake, the ghosts decided to get acquainted with the new student. They all gathered together and appeared before her in the center of the table. Y/n felt a cold air wash over her and looked up.

Yelling at the top of her lungs she grabbed her fork and leaped up, holding it before her defensively.

"Run save yourselves!" She yelled, waving the fork in the air. Everyone laughed, and Ron stood to try and calm her down.