𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

Everything had fallen apart this week, despite being over the moon with the now ten weeks you had away from education before being shipped off to college. Why had everything come crashing down in the space of a week?

It was a simple task, but it had somehow managed to ruin the entirety of the time you had away from school. Because you had chosen photography as a core subject, you now had to take and capture over 120 photo's - all originally taken by yourself alone, of different flower breeds for evaluation. It was a stupid topic and you had quickly suggested that you wanted it changing, you did flower portraits in the seventh grade, so why now? Well, apparently, just to make you feel more important, 'the ones which were submitted would be analysed and sent to a lab where they could be used for research and newer graduates to evaluate'. Bullshit. The teacher just wanted to make sure you suffered this term, not to mention you only had two weeks to do it. You were being interviewed in a fortnight and you needed the images for proof of your application. True to say, you'd never been more stressed.

You really wanted a job in photography, because saving the city was getting old. Not to mention you were constantly paired with Peter. He was a good kid, but he was too quiet. It was rare he spoke to you, even in moments of life or death he was too scared to even make eye contact. Prior you were put with Natasha, but it was unluckily short-lived when Peter joined the team around a year ago. Without the corny jokes and historical manner you gained from Natasha, missions were boring and you were forced to concentrate. You could save a life with your eyes closed and it was too easy these days. Not to mention the fact 90% of the time you were doing things alone. Peter was an undergraduate and quoted 'a makeshift' while your father was looking for a new team member. But, when he so-called 'proved himself' after the Manhatten crisis, he was put on the team. With you. You were supposed to coach him or something, which you were quick to subside and it had been almost a month since your last training session.

So, sitting here at your desk casually flicking through the only three photo's you had managed to take and print, you were surprised when there was a knock at your door.

"M' busy" you mumbled, pulling numerous sheets of paper from under your desk and pretending to write something, being Peter he would consider the fact you were telling the truth and leave you be.

"Not too busy for me though," the door opened, your head spinning back at the familiar Sokovian accent to see Wanda entering your room. A smile fell to your cheeks as you spun your chair around to face her, "Parker is waiting for you downstairs"

You groaned, "Can't you tell him I tripped and fell off the face of the earth or something?"

"Sorry, tried the 'measles' leg-pull again but your dad was standing by and quickly confirmed there was nothing wrong with you. So, c' mon, get your ass downstairs" she smirked, lifting you up with her gamma and standing you on your feet. The red glow dissipated as you frowned, a stone-cold 'kill me' expression on your face as you grabbed your boxing gloves from your bedside table and headed out of the door.

"Y' know," you stopped as you waited for Wanda to close your door and joined your side as you made your way through the compound, "M' starting to think there's a favouritism situation going on here"

"With you and Peter?" she cocked her grow gently. You nodded, pursing your lips, "I could crawl in with a broken leg nowadays and my dad wouldn't even give me a bandaid. Heck, if Peter walked in with a cat scratch he'd have the whole of New York's medical assistance at his bedside" you sighed, pulling the glove strings shut and throwing them over your shoulder. Wanda gave a light chuckle.

"Someone's jealous" she tailed out, extending the length of the word as if to send you over the edge of annoyance. You sent her a painful glare, to which she grimaced with a smirk, giving you a playful shove on the shoulder.