Stairway To Hell

"I don't know what that cross is there for, but it's probably for something in here." Sophie says. "Usually ghosts would be repelled by this but I don't feel anything." She mumbles as she takes the box and chucks it into the fireplace. Instead of fueling the flame though, it goes out, much to your surprise.

"Probably because you have good intentions." You reply. "Shall we head upstairs?"

"Let's." Sophie replies as the two of you go up the staircase to find four doors. Unfortunately they are all locked and Sophie can't pass through them. That's when you notice something interesting on the cross- there appears to be something inside it. You open the bottom part of the cross to reveal a key-like part that unlocks all four doors, allowing you and Sophie to explore some more. The first room you enter isn't even a room, more so a closet of sorts full of junk. "You already have a bottle, this cross key thing, a thing full of chili pepper and a knife. I'm not sure what we would need in here."

"Yeah I don't think there's anything we need in here." You say, but then you discover a spray can that's full of white paint. "Maybe this could come in handy." And with that the two of you head to the door across from the closet and find yourselves in a master bedroom. You search the drawers, but you find nothing but clothes, and then there's another door that leads to a bathroom. There's nothing really interesting here besides a big tub, toilet and sink. Once you leave that room you head into another room. This one has a spiral staircase that leads down somewhere, but that's about it.

"Hmm..." Sophie says. "Let's check out that last room first before going down there. Maybe we can find something that can light up the area down there."

"Agreed." You say as you check out the last room. This appears to be another bedroom, probably a guest room, and it appears that paranormal activity is a common thing in here. The bed itself is floating just a few inches above the ground as is the drawer and wardrobe, and just about everything else. "Seems like I stumbled upon a ghost rave..."

"A what?" Sophie asks. dumbfounded by your statement.

"Nothing." You reply as you watch everything float around. Suddenly everything stops floating around, and you get the feeling that a bunch of eyes are on you. Suddenly, a book clocks you in the face! "Ow! Are we not welcome here?!"

"Are you okay?!" Sophie asks before a pillow whomps her in the face. "Ouch!"

"Playing rough eh?" You chuckle as you whip out your cross key. "Back! All of you!" You shout, and everything becomes still again. "Looks like that did the job."

"For now. Let's look before the ghosts get any other ideas." Sophie says as she searches the room. The two of you manage to find a flashlight as you head to the staircase room. You light the way down and as soon as you reach the bottom, you find a door. It's unlocked as you swing it open, revealing it to be the backyard where a black dog stands menacingly. It's teeth are razor sharp and it has red eyes, and it sets it's eyes on you!

"Take this!" You shout as you take out the shaker of chili powder, unscrew the lid and throw it all over the black dog. The dog immediately falls back, covered head to toe in the spicy powder, and it starts sneezing... You and Sophie can only watch in confusion as the dog manages to sneeze so hard that it vanishes into nothingness. "Well... I can definitely say that's the first time I've seen that."

"I agree." Sophie says, just as befuddled as you are. With the black dog out of the way, you and Sophie are free to look around the backyard, but the only interesting thing is the shed. Sophie goes to open the shed doors when she suddenly stops in the middle of the backyard. She tugs at her legs for a few seconds before looking down. "Oh this place is all muddy for some reason! Ew!" She shouts out as she vanishes and reappears by your side. Clearly not wanting to get her any muddier than she already is, you step through to the shed and open the doors as you hear water running. You turn around to see Sophie washing the mud off her feet and sandals with a water hose, and you continue to look around the shed.

"Whoa! Look at what I just found!" You call out as you haul out something big.