Epilogue

"I finally have service! I'll call someone." Your best friend says as you lounge around on the playground with Sophie.

"Well, that was quite the adventure wasn't it?" You say. "Everything that happened in there."

"Yeah." Sophie replies. Your best friend then ends the call and looks at both of you.

"Well, someone will be here soon." They say. "Thanks for helping out."

"No problem." Sophie replies. "It was definitely more exciting than haunting this playground. Nobody ever comes here any more and I was bored out of my mind."

"I could imagine. This place is practically a ghost town now. I'm surprised that you didn't lose your mind." You say. "Hmm..."

"What's on your mind?" Sophie asks.

"You're attached to this headband aren't you?" You ask the young phantom.

"Yeah, why?" Sophie replies, confused at what you're getting at.

"You don't have to be stuck at this playground. If you want, you can come with us." You say.

"We're both in debt to you, so I guess this is our way of repaying it." Your best friend adds. Sophie thinks about it for a minute before her eyes light up.

"I'd love to." Sophie replies happily. "Just remember, wherever that headband is, I'll always be near." She adds as she hugs you. Much to your surprise it's not as cold as you would expect of any other ghost- it feels more like a gentle breeze. Eventually a police car stops by and you and your best friend look at each other.

"Well that's our ride." Your best friend says as Sophie vanishes for now.

"You're pretty lucky to even get service here." The officer says as he takes down the notes on the damaged car. "Just give me an address and I'll get you guys home."

"Thanks officer." You say as the two of you get in the back of the cruiser. You state your addresses and the officer drives off, taking you out of the ghost neighborhood as you look at your leg and see the headband still tied on, the headband that your spectral ally is attached to. "Now every day will be an adventure."

"We'll never have to be bored again." Your best friend says as the officer finally leaves the neighborhood. You and your best friend relax and close your eyes, happy to be reunited, and even happier to have made a new friend.

The End