Interlude - The Hatchening

Four sunrises cycle over Imporia's clear skies.

     The watchtower gazes over its coastal area. While inactive due to the lack of disasters, all members note that many nearby Imporians have been engaged in a festival. "This has lasted for way too long!" an armored man eruptively spouts out in annoyance.

     "Heh, you just got back two days ago, you should've seen this when it started." Thevenin weakly comments near a monocular. "Why the hell are they partying for four days straight!?" the annoyed man questions furiously. "Beats me, Draw." Thevenin yawns. "If they keep playing that damn music, I'm going to go down there and—" the threatening voice erodes once Thevenin raises his eyebrow, "And do what?"

     The two then silently stare at each other. Tension rose in the air, but not as intense as their dragging eyebags. "Look, I know we're all tired – it's been four days. That's almost a new record." Thevenin sleepily states. "But if you're that cranky about it, why don't you ask Zyra to take your shift? She's probably taking a nap too though..." Thevenin slurs.

     Instantaneously, his head bobs. The sleepy Thevenin slouches on his chair and unconsciously leaves the conversation. Irritated, Draw murmurs, "It's always about you and the clown, huh?" He then notices that Thevenin couldn't resist staying awake. Draw smirks at the sleepy Imporian and sickeningly whispers to himself, "Looks like you need it more than I do, buddy." Without disturbing his rest, Draw escapes the rooftops and races down the stony steps of the watchtower.

      He stealthily reaches Zyra's designated room – a mere closet. The watchtower had been composed of beige stones and only a curtain would supply as a door. Failure to knock, Draw charges into Zyra's room. The tiny closet had enough space for the bench that Zyra laid on and footing to stand up. The gatekeeper had her eyes open when she sees the intruder. 

     "This isn't about that, Zoriadia

     "This isn't about that, Zoriadia." Draw blurts, beaming his eyes at Zyra's neck. In a flurry, the aggressive armored man latches his hands onto Zyra's scarf. He then curls his arm at himself in an attempt to yank the cloth around her. Impulsively, Zyra slaps the man, making him release his grip. Additionally, she brashly kicks him away from her.

     Draw picks up his balance before snickering. "Don't touch my gift." Zyra grumbles. Continuing to snort, the armored man pulls out an identical piece of grey cloth from his pockets. To taunt Zyra, he wraps it around his own neck, "Gift? Pfft, anyone can wear an ugly rag around their neck."

     The guardian intakes Draw's nasty gesture and marches out of the closet. She leaves while dragging her sword on the flinty floors. Thevenin rushes down the staircase to catch the two guardians leave the scene. "Did you wake her up?" he half asleep Imporian questions while rubbing his eyes. Immediately, he sees Zyra heading downstairs and Draw resting on a wall with his arms crossed. "Oh, she's awake alright." Draw cockily replies.