one.

not edited.

      The pencil glided across Nova Anderson's piece of paper as she tried to solve the difficult equation ahead of her

      The pencil glided across Nova Anderson's piece of paper as she tried to solve the difficult equation ahead of her. This was an everyday thing for her- staying inside (not that she could even truly go outside) her room, solving random equations as she hummed a short tune. If she wasn't inside her humble abode, she was with Raven watching her work on her mechanics. Nova loved to either work or watch people work. She probably wasn't the most exciting person- the brunette knew that. She knew that was one of the reasons she only has three friends; two of which are in lockup for taking illegal substances.

     Maybe another reason was that she was just repulsive in every single way. Her wavy brown hair was always tangled and just all around a mess, and although she resides in Alpha station- she had the poorest clothes. It didn't bother her enough to affect how she feels. She just knew she was average in every way; she come to understand that when she first started puberty.

      Nova heard a short knock at her front door, before one Raven Reyes raced through the door and shut it behind her.

     She had a loopy and mischievous smirk on her face, and Nova knew something was up.

     "What did you do?"

     "Hello to you too," She sassed back, "anyways. You know how I went to go see Finn yesterday in lockup only to find out that there is a virus?"

     Nova nodded, placing her number two pencil down onto her notebook with several long equations.

    Raven sat down onto Nova's bed, fiddling with the necklace around her neck. "Well I found out that the prisoners aren't in lockup anymore."

     Nova frowned, her mind racing to the worst possibilities. Upon seeing her frown, Raven continued, "they weren't all floated. They were sent to the ground."

     Nova laughed, not believing her best friend one bit. After watching Raven stay straight faced, the surprised girl widened her eyes and her face lit up.

      "Wow, okay, you're not lying."

     "I'm telling you this because Dr. Abby Griffin asked me to rebuild a hundred year old ship so she could get to the ground."

     Fiddling with her hands, Nova grinned slightly before settling with a worried expression.

     "If you weren't supposed to know about this- you'll get floated for finding out."

    "Not if I land on Earth before they can get me."

    "You- you're going with?"

     Nova felt the knock tighten in her throat. She couldn't believe her best friend was going to Earth. She also couldn't believe that Monty and Jasper were on Earth as well. All three of them were her best friends in the entire world, she was heart broken when Monty and Jasper got arrested, but now they are on the ground? That's a lot to take in at once.

      Raven held onto Nova's shaking hand, knowing she wanted to cry.

     "I'm telling you this because I want you to know where I went once I'm gone. Hey, don't worry about me. Raven Reyes is a fighter."

     Nova face palmed when Raven referred to herself in third person.

     Nova opened her mouth, rethinking the words she was about to say. As she thought of them in her mind, the girl knew it wasn't like her. Maybe a sudden burst of confidence or a random craving for adventure. "Is there, um, any way I could come with you?"

     Raven raised her eyebrows. "Are you sure this is Nova Anderson?"

    When Nova only giggled for a few seconds, Raven knew she was serious.

    "Of course. But what about your mom?"

    Nova bit her lip, she didn't think of that. But she didn't want that stopping her. Ever since she's seen pictures of Earth, she deeply desired to go there, even if she died trying, it would be her last dying wish to breathe in the Earth air.

     "I want to go with. I know it's selfish- but I need to see Earth. What if this is my only chance to ever breathe the earth air?"

    "Well, okay then."

  _________

       "Abby, the guards are coming. What are we supposed to do?" Nova was internally freaking out. She tried to keep it contained, but both Abby and Raven knew that the girl was freaking out. Nova didn't know what was clueing them in on it; her fast pacing across the room or the way her brown eyes were darting everywhere.

      "You two are going to go Earth."

     Raven stepped towards Abby, "no, Abby, they'll float you."

    "I'll take that risk, just go and then radio back once you find the hundred."

     Raven frowned deeply, but nodded subtly. Nova, however, almost started hyperventilating but somehow controlled herself as Abby walked out.

     "We'll find Clarke!"

     Nova stood still for a moment, processing that Abby would most likely be floated. The girl shook herself, walking to Raven as she fixed up the last thing on the exodus ship.

     "Damnit! Nygel gave us a bad part!" Raven groaned, dropping her head onto the metal ship.

      "Well that just the oxygen right?" Nova smiled, glancing at the two space suits on near the exit of the room.

     Raven smirked, looking up to her best friend. They both shared a knowing look, as the two girls grabbed the two suits.

     "Let's get this show on the road!"