two.

________

      Darkness was all Nova Anderson could see and feel. As she felt a slight shaking to her shoulder, Nova's eyes adjusted to the new light peaking through the crack in the door of the Exodus ship. She glanced at Raven, holding in a grimace as she stared at the injury on her best friends head.

      "Are you okay?"

      Raven nodded unbuckling her seatbelt as a blonde girl poked her head in the ship. Nova squealed in shock, while Raven just gave her a look of confusion.

      She soon smiled, "we made it?"

      As the two girls stepped out of the ship, Nova couldn't believe her eyes. She was on Earth. It was all she ever dreamed it to be. And more.

      "I- wow. Okay, it's so beautiful."

      "Raven!"

      Both Raven and Nova turned to the shouts. Raven raced towards her boyfriend, Finn. Nova had never met him, but Raven talked about him so much she felt like she knew him personally. As they started to kiss, Nova looked away directly to the blonde girl. She had a look of a betrayal on her face, and a tinge of anger.

     Nova furrowed her eyebrows, glancing back to Raven as she had to be sat down because she was dizzy. The blonde and Nova walk over to her as she handed an ice pack to Raven.

     "Thanks."

      Finn smiled at Nova, who he hadn't met before. "Hey, I'm Finn."

     "Nova."

     "Raven, Nova, this is Clarke."

     "Clarke? This was all because of your mom." Nova knew she recognized the name of the blonde beauty.

     "My mom?"

       "This was all her plan. We were trying to come down here together. If we waited-- Oh, my God. We couldn't wait because the council was voting whether to kill three hundred people to save air."

         Nova frowned, they definitely didn't have too much time left before they execute the three hundred people.

        "When?"

       "Today. We have to tell them you're alive." She said, "The radio's gone. It must've gotten loose during reentry. I should've strapped it to the A-strut. Stupid!"

      "No, no. This is my fault. Someone got here before us. We have to find him."

      As they jogged through the woods, Nova realized she would really have to get more endurance if she wanted to survive the ground. The group had only jogged for five minutes and Nova already wanted desperately to stop. She saw Finn push a man with curly brown hair as she caught up with the rest of the group. As the girl got closer, she recognized the tall man.

      "Bellamy Blake?" Nova squinted her eyes, attempting to look somewhat tough. It probably wasn't working that well because Bellamy gave her a threatening look, knowing how she knew his name.

      Raven smirked, "they're looking everywhere for you."

     "Shut up." His voice was deeper than most people Nova had met. If she weren't scared of him, Nova probably would of found him incredibly attractive. But all she could think about was how he shot someone.

       Clarke furrowed her eyebrows, "looking for him, why?"

        Bellamy glared at Raven and Nova. The brunette felt small under his hateful gaze. Maybe it wasn't a good idea for her to follow her brave best friend to the ground. All of her life, all she had ever done was school work, hang out with Raven, Monty and Jasper, and do more homework. She's never had a boyfriend, not even a crush. Gosh, she hardly confronted anyone with anything and for some stupid reason she thought she could survive on Earth.

      Raven smirked once again, "he shot Chancellor Jaha."

       "That's why you took the wristbands. Needed everyone to think we're dead."

       Raven had told me she thought the hundred criminals were taking off their wristbands, she must of been right.

      "All that 'whatever the hell we want'? You just care about saving your own skin." Finn snarked at him, upset that he took the radio.

      Bellamy started walking away, ignoring the insults flying at him. Raven trekked towards him, determination in her entire body.

      "Hey, shooter, where's my radio."

      Bellamy stood his ground as well, Nova didn't understand how both people had so much courage. Nova was a coward, she knew it, everyone knew it.

      "Get out of my way."

       Raven pressed again, getting all up in his face. "Where is it?"

      Bellamy grimaced, "I should have killed you when I had the chance."

     Honestly, Nova could remember exactly what happened from then to when they went to find the radio in the lake. It was all a blur. Maybe she couldn't remember because of an injury during the landing, or maybe it was her spacing out as soon as Bellamy pushed Raven against a tree. Nova couldn't help but feel a guilty pull at her stomach. Raven was in trouble, and she got out of it on her own. But what would happen if Raven really needed Nova's help? If she couldn't stand up to Bellamy then, she definitely couldn't stand up to anything.

     She truly didn't deserve to be on the ground. She should of stayed on the Ark and awaited her probable death from lack of oxygen. Nova bit her lip tightly, as everyone was working on building flares to signal the Ark. She almost drew blood as she stopped herself from shedding tears. Nova stopped herself from crying.

      She wanted to be stronger than that. So she forced herself to stop biting her lip, and unscrewed the bolts in the exodus ship.

      Nova didn't want to be a scared little girl anymore, she was on the ground now. And being a coward would get her killed.