Chapter Six || Allied With You

ALLIED WITH YOU

"Stars are only visible in darkness,"

⬵⤁

Bumblebee glanced over the dunes, watching with anticipation as the next hunting party made their way into the Sea of Rust. The Hydrax Plateau was home to the space port, which in turn held all sorts of transportation machines for Cybertronians to use at their own discretion. Of course, Megatron allowed his various bounty hunters to use it as their main hub of activity. Bumblebee was not interested in the hunters, per se, but rather the direct transportation line from Hydrax to Kaon. Any Cybertronian with a brain would know that if a Spacebridge was going to be anywhere, it would be in Kaon, where Megatron had rebuilt his fortress.

The only obstacle was how Bumblebee was going to get there without being caught. He tried inverting his colors, which worked a little bit, but he still sported multiple Autobot symbols. It killed him to think of removing them, as doing so was almost like revoking his cause, but now was not the time to be sentimental. Optimus Prime was dying, and Bumblebee needed to get help.

Gritting his denta, the scout very carefully pried off his symbols, ensuring that his paint did not also come along with it. The last thing he needed was obvious, blatant removal of the emblems, which would cause more suspicion than if he had been without. Storing them in his subspace, the scout also elected to inverse his colors, becoming primarily black and secondarily yellow instead of the vice versa. This would, at the least, prevent any preliminary scans from making an immediate match to his profile.

Glancing back at the Hydrax space port, he took a deep breath to cool his systems. The activity had decreased since the departure of the hunting squad, making this the prime opportunity to board the transit.

Sneaking his way through the rust, the scout thought it best to climb his way to a section of the line that was a bit of a distance from the port. The main goal was to get to Kaon undetected, and while he could probably sneak into Kaon going a slightly longer route, he had to beat the Decepticons at their own game. Likely Dreadwing had several patrols around the major Decepticon cities to keep anyone from sneaking in, however they would never suspect a 'bot to be crazy enough to just . . . waltz right in.

Swinging over the edge of the road he quickly transformed, taking off as fast as he dared down the sleek Cybertronian street. He had forgotten just how the roads of the cities felt, used to the heavily textured asphalt of Earth. The slightly magnetic properties of the roads were what kept ground-based vehicles from slipping and sliding, however it just did not feel as satisfying anymore.

Bumblebee rarely thought he would truly miss much from Earth, but this was one of them.

Much to his relief, his trip was, for the most part, uneventful. He would tense when he thought he heard the rev of another engine, but a part of him would force him to relax. The last thing he needed to be was obviously distraught or suspect.

The high rise of the Kaon city slowly but surely began to come into view, getting larger with every klik. It filled his spark with pulsing anxiety just thinking of entering the city, but he needed to do it. Optimus, and the rest of the Autobot cause, was relying on him. The Prime's survival was paramount if they were to bounce back from this.

Approaching the border he noticed just how unguarded it was, the scout slipping through virtually undetected. He quickly searched the area, looking for not only an area to transform and sneak around, but also the Decepticon headquarters. The original Darkmount.

Pulling into an abandoned alleyway the scout paused, waiting to see if he was followed. When his scanners did not pick up any activity he shifted to his root mood, remaining crouched and ducking behind what looked suspiciously like a dumpster.