Chapter 2

Y/n's POV
We stop laughing and go back to eating are lollipops. Mr. Lamson and Gilbert started talking about food land. Food land is the new grocery store that everyone is going to.

The store closed and me, Arnie, and Gilbert start carrying bags to the truck. Before we headed out mrs. Lamson told Gilbert that he needed to stop by mrs.carvers house for a delivery. We drive and we get to mrs.carvers house and Gilbert tells me and Arnie to stay in the truck. Me and Arnie jump our the truck and see two little boys run out the house, "hi." Me and Arnie say to the little boys. Then Gilbert peeks around the corner and sees us and says, "y/n, Arnie get back in the truck, keep counting, Okay." I could easily tell Arnie was annoyed and so was I. Arnie replies for the both of us by saying, "okay, we were counting." We both get back in the truck and just sit there. We count and Arnie turns and sees the ladder thing. "Y/n, you wanna go up there." Arnie asked me. "What about Gilbert." I say. "He's Okay He's a big boy." Arnie says. "Okay." I say and we run to it and start to climb it. We've been up there for a good 5 minutes and there are loads of people and police officers. The officer says, "Arnie, y/n get down guys." "Hi." Me and Arnie say. I see Gilbert's truck pull up and the officer says, "kids." "Yeah." We say together. "Come down." He says. "No." Arnie says. "We wanna go up there." I say. Then I see Gilbert come up to the officer and yells, "y/n, Arnie." "Hi Gilbert." I say and giggle. "HI." Arnie screams. We both start to climb higher. "I'm going higher then before." I say. "We go high." Arnie says and we both laugh. Then I see Gilbert grab the mega phone from the officers hand. "Y/n, Arnie." He says. "I'm not gonna fall." Arnie says and then his shoe falls off. I start to laugh. "My shoe done fell off y/n, my shoe done fell off Gilbert." Arnie says. Then Gilbert starts to sing, "I know a girl and boy, there names are y/n and Arnie." "There about to turn 18 and have a big party, I know a girl and boy there names are y/n and Arnie, get down here guys." Gilbert finishes. Me and Arnie start to laugh. Gilbert sings a song that makes me giggle so much I almost fell, "match in the gas tank boom boom." I laugh and start to climb down, he says it again and then Arnie starts to climb down too. We both get down all the way and Gilbert hugs us. Gilbert helps Arnie put his shoe on, and I smile. "It won't happen again I promise." Gilbert says. "That what you say all the time and it always happens again." The officer says. "We promise." I say and Gilbert puts his arm around me and we leave. Gilbert puts me and Arnie in the truck and I say hi to tucker. We get home and me and Arnie hug mama. " don't disappear like that again on me, Okay." Mama says to us. "We disappear." I say. "We disappeared on mom like that." Arnie says. "Please don't disappear." Mama says again. "Just let them go." I hear Gilbert mumble. "Gilbert will you bring the milk." Amy asked as her and Ellen bring out the dinner table. "We promise mama." I say to mama. "Good boy," she says to Arnie and kisses his head. She turns to me and says, "good girl." And kisses my head. "The food." Arnie says and gets up. I go to my place and everyone goes to there places. I sit between Gilbert and Arnie.

We eat are spaghetti and Amy, Ellen, Gilbert, And mama start discussing mine and Arnie's birthday party. "Are we ready to talk about the party." Amy says. "Sure." Mama says. "Ellen's in charge of decorations." Amy says. "Purple, orange and green." Ellen says. "Sounds good." Mama says. "Theme colors." Ellen says. "I'm doing the food, the cake, y/n, Arnie I'm making something very special for the both of you." Amy says and I giggle. "And mama you can supervise everything." Amy finishes. I look at Arnie and he's wiping his nose. "That's disgusting." Ellen says. I frown because I hate it when she's mean to me and him. "What about us." Arnie says. "Yeah I wanna do something." I say. "You guys are the guests of honor, how bout that." Any replies. "Gilbert, What about us, it's are party." Arnie whines. "You guys just show up that your guys job." They all Agree. "Okay thank you." I say and they all smile at me except for Ellen she rolls her eyes. "You know, that just leaves Gilbert." Ellen says. "You're the only one without anything to do, got any ideas." She continues. "Sure he dose." Amy says. "Yeah." I say. Trying to defend Gilbert. "No I don't." He says and looks at Ellen. He turns to me and says, "no I don't." Everyone starts arguing and I put my head down. I sit there for a couple seconds and I feel Gilbert's hand rubbing my back.

I was outside with Arnie when Gilbert got Arnie for a bath and told em to get my stuff ready so I can go when he's done. I sit on my bed waiting for Gilbert to eat done washing Arnie. "Y/n it's your turn" Gilbert says. "Okay." I say. "Do you need help." He asks me. "No im a big girl." I say and he just nods and ruffles my hair. I take a shower and get in my pajamas. Hey in bed and Gilbert comes to tuck me and Arnie in. "I'm not tired yet Gilbert." Arnie says. "Gotta go to sleep, Okay." Gilbert says. "Okay." He says and Gilbert starts to tucks  me in. "What about you, are you tired." Gilbert asks me. I yawn and say yes. "Goodbye." Arnie says. "No it's not goodbye it's goodnight." Gilbert says. "Good night Gilbert." I say and Gilbert kisses my head and walk out and I And Arnie drift of to sleep.

Word count: 1062