Chapter 3

Y/n's POV
We wake up and Gilbert takes me and Arnie to the cafe. We met tucker there and Bobby. While we walked to the cafe, I heard tucker ask, "how's your mom." "Fat." Gilbert replied. I punched his arm and he looked at me. "What, What I do." I look down and keep walking. We get to the cafe and see Bobby, we walk in the cafe and we get breakfast. Arnie goes and plays games while me, tucker, Bobby, and Gilbert eat. "Hey why aren't you playing with Arnie." Gilbert asked. "I don't know." I say and just sit there. I'm a really shy person and I only talk to Gilbert mama and Arnie. I'm not good with new people. I look and see Gilbert staring out the window. I look and see a pretty girl. She sees me and smiles at me and walks away with her bike.

We get to the grocery store and Gilbert starts sweeping and Arnie and mr lamson are feeding the grasshoppers. I just sit there and watch everyone. "Look at the little fellas." Mr.lamson says. "You mean my hopper." Arnie corrects him. "Let's try this." Mr.lamson says as he feeds the grasshopper some lettuce. "For my friend." Arnie says. "There you go my boy." Mr.lamson says. "What do you say Arnie." Gilbert says. "Thank you...thank you, thank you, thank you." Arnie says to mr.lamson. "What about you y/n you got any hoppers." Mr.lamson says to me. "No." I say quietly. "She's been very shy lately, I don't know why." Gilbert says and looks at me. I put my head down and play with my hands. Mrs.carver walks in and talks to Gilbert through the isles. I don't know what they were talking about so I didn't pay that much attention. I then see the pretty girl walk in. She sees me and smiles. I smile back and I look and see Gilbert staring at her. The pretty girl grabs all her stuff and puts it on the counter. And she pays and mr.lamson says we have to help her so we all go in the truck and drive to her camper. He seating arrangement was her by the window Arnie, me, and Gilbert. It was silent until Arnie said, "I could go at anytime, my sister and me can go at anytime." "Arnie." Me and Gilbert say at the same time. "Excuse me, where to." Gilbert says to the girl. "Just keep going straight." She says. "What's your name." I say out of the blue. "Becky, What's you're name." She says. "Y/n, Arnies my twin brother and Gilbert's my big brother and he's right we could go at anytime." I say. "My mom wants me and y/n to become 18 and we are having a big party, huh Gilbert." Arnie says to Becky. "Yep, aren't you excited y/n." Gilbert says. "Yeah I guess." I say. "When is that party coming." Arnie asks Gilbert. "Six days." Gilbert answers. "Six days is our party and we're gonna be 18 and your not invited." Arnie says. "Arnie, don't be rude." Gilbert says. "Who would want to." I mumble. "What." Arnie and Gilbert says at the same time. "Nothing." I say. "It's okay he's just being honest I don't mind." Becky says. "Haha." Arnie says and Gilbert gives him a death stare and he immediately stops. We get there and I help Gilbert with the bike and Arnie gets the groceries and we leave.

We get home and have dinner and mama, Ellen, Amy, and Gilbert start taking about the party again.  "If people are going to come that early, we should have some appetizers." Any suggests. "That'd be good, You know those little Vienna sausage things? You put them in grape jelly and catch up and make a sauce." Mama says. Me and Gilbert look at each other with disgust in our faces and we laugh a little. "I want hot dogs mom." Arnie says. "How about pretzels." Amy suggests. "You no those like Hawaiian appetizers they make with pineapple and bacon." Amy says. And they argue about the bacon. I sit and watch them and then I look at Ellen and watch her. "What are you looking at freak." She says. "Ellen don't talk to her like that." Gilbert says. My eyes start to water and I feel the tear roll down my cheek. Ellen starts to talk with a mouth full of bread. "Ellen could you not talk with you're mouth full." Gilbert says. "Oh okay dad." Ellen says. My face drops and my jaw drops, "ELLEN." Amy says. "Sure thing dad." Ellen says again. "Okay dad, sure thing dad." Arnie repeats. I pat Arnies back and tell him to stop. "That great, Ellen dads dead." Gilbert says. "GILBERT." Amy yells. "Why would you say that you prick." I say to Gilbert and runout the door. I could tell everyone was shocked at my outburst and went silent. As I run I climb mine and Arnies tree. I hear someone run out, and I hear yelling in the house. "Y/n." I hear a soft voice say. I look down and I see Gilbert with a guilty expression on his face. "I'm sorry y/n, I was mad and I shouldn't have said that." He says. I climb down the tree and look at him. "I may be Arnies twin but I can still understand what you guys say unlike him." I say. "I know and I'm sorry." Gilbert says. I just give him a hug. "I'll take that as a yes." He says and hugs me tighter. And we walk back inside. And I see Ellen and Amy cleaning up while Arnie is crying upstairs. I go upstairs and comfort Arnie.

Arnie calmed down and we went to see what Gilbert was doing. We see Gilbert by the basement and we go to him. We see tucker and Amy down there talking bout the floor could cave in anytime. Gilbert looks and sees that mama came out of the bathroom, he turns to tucker and Amy and says, "she's coming." They watch as she walks and when she gets to the sensitive flooring dust spills everywhere and tucker and Amy choke on it but they try to be quiet. A couple minutes later tucker leaves. And me and Arnie go to bed and so do the rest and them.

Word count: 1077