Chapter 4

Adora watched catra leave as if nothing. She had just blurted out kindess to the feline and yet she still had nothing nicer to say. Whatever. This isnt anything uncommon coming from Catra. Adora tried to come to an understanding with Catras bad attitude. That she had reason for it. Leaving the horde was the best decision adora could make after finding out what they really were about, but technically she could have approached the whole 'leaving thing' a little better-instead of abandoning her best friend and not returning. Adora sighed. Should she go after catra? Probably not. But she cant keep giving her space and expect catra to feel better some day. now was the chance. they were both in the same place at the same time. Adora crawled after catra silently since the movie had already begun. Catra hissed at the sight of the blonde returning.

"didnt we just have a conversation adora? im not very fond of you!" Catra whisper-shouted.

"Catra meet me outside the castle and just...hear me out, okay?"

The cat girl squinted her eyes in disapproval but nodded anyway.

"because i want to go not because you're telling me to."

Catra mumbled.

Adora stood up crookedly, trying not to block the movie from anyone's sight. Although it was a more difficult task than anticipated being quiet tall. Catra scurried through and managed to escape having an easier size.

Glimmers peripheral vision noticed to two leaving the room. Automatically her gut told her this was bad news. what else was she to think. No way two horde force captains came to this sleepover just for fun. But adora could handle catra. after all she is the She-ra now? Glimmer whispered over to bow what she had seen. It was probably the best decision to keep her distance but at least have an eye out. the short haired purple/pink girl quietly followed the two girls. she noticed them talking and listened from a safe distance.

"What could you possibly want from me now?"

"Catra listen. i need you to understand that i never meant to hurt you. i just cant be in a place that i know is doing harm to others. that doesnt mean you arent important to me. i *Had* to leave."

"..why didnt you take me with you?"

"i just-"

Adora was stopped mid sentence by a trail of tears.

"i wanted to go back catra, believe me i did. but i saw things. things that are hard to explain. a whole destiny ahead of me. Etheria relies on me. i was destined to be She-ra. i thought if i went back i would be refusing the opportunity. and i knew after me leaving that wouldnt be the last time i saw you catra."

She leaned in closer to embrace the cat girl. Still, catra refused. She pushed her arms and backed up.

"you're just so great, arent you? always doing such heroic good things. always the favorite."

"catra its not like that-!"

"you want me to throw everything away just for you. Good job you found ur destiny and u want me to join the rebellion with you because-because awww u miss me? well maybe i found my destiny. did you ever think about that? maybe my destiny is being force captain. maybe even one day taken hordaks positions!"

adoras heart shattered. her eyes held a blank expression. catras wicked grin was like never before. did she even know this girl she was talking to? not anymore. Adora frowned and held onto catras wrist with one hand. she lifted her other and placed it on the smaller girls cheek.

"please...this isnt like you."

Catra tried not to crack. she lost eye contact with adora. Adora removed both hands and looked down at the floor, also losing eye contact.

"I'll just go now then.."

the blue eyed blonde said.

"again?"

the cat murmured.

adora looked back up to meet eyes with the delinquent in front of her. she tugged on catras arm and brought her back inside the castle to return to the movie.

The two sat back down on the opposite ends of the room. Adora with all the other princesses she now committed her self to. And Catra with her horde partner, Scorpia. The room was silence. Nothing but the words on the tv were heard besides occasional yawns. Although the magnet between the two girls could be felt miles away.