Twenty Four | Kate's Cat

"...he's unstable. I've given him pain killers but the shot has, unfortunately, grazed his heart and although we've tried our best to remove the bullet without interfering with his organs, you should know that his arteries are still in danger and he might, he might, uhm-" the doctor stuttered and I glared at him.

"He what?!" I urge him to spill.

"He uhm, he might not make it out of this... whole."

"What? What do you mean whole?"

"The arteries that the bullet touched effects his-"

"Point! Get to the point!" I yelled and Paul winced from beside the white bed where Wade lay, still and unconscious.

"The chances of losing him into a coma is very much dominant now, Ms. Viseryn." he said in a rush and I feel Paul bury his face in Wade and let out empty sobs.

Jared's hands catch me as if he was afraid I would fall. No, I wouldn't. I felt strong.

"Are you okay?" Jared asked. "Veronica?"

"Can I have a moment with Wade please?" I asked and Jared hesitated before him and Pual walked out, leaving me with Wade and the silence around him that felt like death hovering above us, watching and waiting for the right time to make its move.

"Wade..." I sit next to him where Paul had been before. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have let you come with us."

Wade stays still and I slide his covers down to see that the doctors changed his clothes to a thin green hospital gown. 

It stole his shine. His gleam.

Flowers, the gown needed way more flowers.

I look around at the room before grabbing the Sharpie from the nightstand and uncap it.

I smile as I start drawing intricate little flowers on his gowns, imagining how Wade would react if he woke up right now and saw me doodling on his chest.

I covered the green material with flowers at small distances and leaves to go along with them. When I felt that the pattern looked somewhat similar to the suit he chose to wear to the ball, I sit back and grab his hand.

"Did you see that, Wadey? I drew flowers on your hospital gown. I know, I know. You'll love it, you just need to say it. Just wake up and tell me if you like it or not. You also need to tell me how pissed you are at your suit being ruined." I said as he lay still.

I circled my fingers around his perfectly groomed -better than mine- nails that had perfect cuticles. I closed my eyes, my shoulders sag for a moment.

"I... I need to talk to someone about..." I started. "About everything, Alex is the Rodgers' leader can you believe that? And that asshole Zion Iverson had the audacity to ask my hand for marriage, I'm telling you I'm going to murder his cold ass." My face goes hard as I think abou the silver devil.

"...and Jared, I, I don't know how I feel about him. I need your advice Wade, please get up." I beg and expect him to wake up at my words like they show in the movies but he laid still. His breathing shallow and the IV still intact. The monitor next to him showed his heart beating in a steady rhythm.

"Veronica," Jared called and I wiped at my eyes before turning to him. He walked over and stood above me, kissing the top of my head. 

He grabs my hands, places a kiss on my forehead again and drags me out of the room with a little more force than I'd like him to exert.

"What are you-"

"You need to relax, you've had too much." he interrupts and I frown.

Casanex didn't seem like the place one could relax.