Thirty Three | Valkyrie

BY VANESSA

"...his name is Rob, your father made him his trusted sub shortly after he joined the assassin world. Rob has handled the Argents well but he can be... a bit ruthless sometimes which is why many of his employees are on the run. Because he made them kill too much."

"Looks like I'll have to change a few things,"

Alex and I were making our way out of the large building where Alex's personal office was located. 

Everyone that had the misfortune of being in our way scurried to the sides for their life. I couldn't blame them, if the me from two weeks ago saw a dark-haired woman with murder in her eyes with a man whose hands were scarred with murder, I would have dived the other way myself.

Not anymore.

Alex opened the door to a white limo and I shook my head at him, walking to the personal basement parking space under the building. 

Guards were lined all throughout the sides because I'm guessing they kept the cars unlocked.

Alex followed me as I walked into the huge area filled with expensive cars that could be worth millions each. 

I didn't wait to admire them all as I headed straight for the one that I felt was calling out to the darkness within me.

"Aston Martin Valkyrie? Ron- fuck sorry, Nessa, are you sure you can handle it?" Alex raced to me and slammed a hand on the door of the black Goddess before I could open it. "It's worth three point two million dollars, my love."

My lips curved in a haunting smile as I grabbed his hand and twisted it away from the door. "Don't call me Nessa again. It's Vanessa for you." I warn and he nods, trying not to clutch his hand in pain. I get inside and greet Valkyrie with a sweep of her steering wheel.

Alex manages to get inside before I rev up Valkyrie's engine and smile as she purrs out the garage.

I wasn't even halfway out the complex area when Alex spoke again.

"Is your answer yes, Venessa?" he looked nervous. "Are you willing to marry me?"

"No one is getting an answer until I retake my throne as the leader of Argents." I reply, pressing the pedal harder on the nearly empty road.

We were headed to south San Diego, where the Argents main headquarter was located. The trees were nothing but a blur and so were the few building scattered near the road as I sped by them without fearing to get a ticket.

No one dares to give a car with N0V311A on its plate a ticket. Especially when a madwoman was the one driving it.

I throw Alec a weird glance when I see him looking hard on my cheek as if he were focusing hard on something.

"Eleven." he finally said.

"What?"

"You have eleven freckles on your cheek and three of them are bigger than the rest." he was still fixed on my damn cheek.

"Have you always been a creep?" I asked, looking around in my memories to find a moment wher I found him to be creepy but found none.

He shrugged and leaned back, getting comfy for the long ride.

"You know, when we get married, we'll travel the world together. Have wine on the tallest building in Dubai, buy a shit ton of cars and race on the roads of Germany, have sex on a yatch" he trailed off, looking intently at me.

"First off, it's if we get married." I keep my leg steady on the pedal and my eyes on the road.

"God, the number of times I have imagined bending you on a table and having you right then and there... It's fucking insane, the effect you have on both me and Mr. Ex down here." he looked down at his crotch and I almost drive straight into a truck that came out to nowhere.