23. Night

The hotel is quiet when Nat is away. She deals with S.H.I.E.L.D things while I stay back. She knew I didn't wanna deal with any of that now. Clint is with her and Thor went to visit his brother as well.

I hear a knock at the door, "Police! Open up!" Someone bellows from outside.

"Dammit Tony, can you please be quiet." Bruce complains at Tony's childish behavior and I open the door to the scientist, billionaire and solider outside my door.

"You are causing unneeded attention." People peer out of their rooms as Steve groans.

"What do you three want?" I press rubbing my temple.

"Drinks. Remember?" Tony reminds.

"None of us want to though." Bruce tells but Tony ignores this.

"Won't you join us, Shortie?" Tony grins. After a lot of persuading I abide, but it was mostly me just not wanting to stand in the doorway any longer. I request a few minutes to get ready after Tony harasses me to put something sexy on. When I come out Tony purses his lips in disapproval, "Not sexy enough. Go through Romanoff's stuff."

"Tony leave the poor girl alone, she looks wonderful." Bruce rolls his eyes and nudges Tony along. We make our way to a bar close by. It's an aesthetic area and little flickering lights frame the entire bar. We sneak by people and make our way to a excluded area in the back. Bruce and Steve sit down bothered, not that I blame them.

"Try to have fun guys, we gotta enjoy our last few moments together." I say with a innocent smile.

Tony agrees and swings his arm around my waist, "Let's get some drinks!" I'm pulled to the bar, we get plenty of drinks for all of us. But we all know who will really be having most of these.

I roll my eyes as we place the alcohol on the wooden table, "I don't think this is going to end well."

"Shortie, you were just telling us guys to lighten up! Practice what you preach." Tony chimes grabbing a glass.

"She is just predicting the undoubtable outcome of tonight." Bruce tells straightly.

Tony downs a shot after he finishes his first glass, "If you all help me there will be less of an aftermath."

Steve grabs a drink and sips it, "I can't get drunk." He gestures to his body airily making me and Bruce's concern erase.

Tony frowns intentionally with a nod, "You know, that's a start."

"Me and Bruce aren't drinking." I confirm but he places a glass between my delicate fingers.

"I don't think he's going to listen to us." Bruce claims with a sigh. I look down at my drink watching it exist. I don't even know what it is but it looks haunting.

"I don't wanna be the only one having fun," Tony whined, "but alas!"

I roll my eyes and swig the drink, "One." I reply after my final gulp. I am in no way close to finished either. I sip till it's gone. Tony hands me another and I glare.

"Don't pressure her." Steve hisses from across the table. My head gets lighter and I imagine myself hiccuping. I laugh a little and look at the new drink Tony placed in my hands. He asked if it was ok but I was so lost in swirly vision I couldn't process any words. The first drink was a red shade but this new glass was a light clear yellow color. I didn't know if it was beer or champaign but I drank it anyway. This one identically burned my throat but managed to task completely different then the beverage before. Tony was going off the walls and I was starting to giggle at an insane amount.

"It's happening." Bruce shook his head as Tony slurred his words.

"You're just jealous cause my drink is green and you aren't." Tony laughed obnoxiously. He wasn't wrong his drink was green. I don't know the fuck it is though.

"I want one of the green ones." I lean into Tony's ear to whisper.

"Oh shit." Bruce cursed under his breath as Tony scurried away to get one. I lean back sitting next to Steve who is straight faced. He drank a little and is still completely sober. I stare at him for a while and he stares back. But nothing about it is uncomfortable for me. There's charm and curiousness in both of our eyes. The moments over when Tony slams our drinks on the table.

"That guy is checking you out, Shortie. Make a move or get booed." Tony is loud when he explains this.

"He had like too many shots while getting more drinks. I am entirely disappointed yet completely in shock by what I've seen." Bruce tells us both with widened eyes.

"There's no way anyone is checking me out." I reject. But to my dismay a couple of guys are swooning and staring from across the bar. And I think we all notice it. Tony slaps my forearm excitedly and Bruce shakes his head mouthing the word no various times. I look at Steve's face, it's hard to read. And with that I ask quietly to go home.