61. Ice

I see red. It's my new favorite color. The other avengers groan as they get up, Vision immediately at Wandas side. Steve is on Sams left. And I'm kneeling on the grass before Amara, who is laughing evilly. My body feels like stone and I raise my head to look at Amara more respectfully.

"Welcome back Cold Shoulder." She chimes ushering me to stand beside her. "New and improved."

"What did you do to her." Steve barks as he helps Sam stand. Wanda rubs her head with tears in her eyes and leans against Vision.

"I simply returned her to her former glory." Amara beams, "The Winter Solider is gone, we needed a replacement."

"Hydra died with the Winter Solider." Sam remarks.

"Oh I beg to differ. While the others ran with a tail between their legs I had the luck of being the fastest of the group." Amara explains, "I was in hiding all my life. My mother wanted me to continue her work. I couldn't do that if people knew who I was."

"Natasha released all the Hydra information. You were prepared for that?" Sam questions in shock.

"I was born prepared for that." Amara latches to my side, "Prepared to finish what was started when Isabelle was a child."

"A child?" Wanda is not convinced, "She was a teenager like us when we were toyed with."

"She was the daughter of two extraordinary S.H.I.E.L.D agents. We knew exactly who she was." Matilda told, "Perfect choice, so we had to murder her parents in order to get her."

"You were the ones who killed her parents?" Steve gritted his teeth, "Just to get Izzy? Why?"

"My mother had her reasons. I'd say to ask her yourself but your darling Izzy murdered her." Amara grew angry, my vision was blurred red yet I could still feel her anger. She was powerless, used tech and weapons to control Wandas power. She knew Wanda was already vulnerable to Hydra tech. But I still was willed to her, a Hydra slave. Hearing I killed her mom didn't effect me the way it should have. A straight face still laid on my controlled features.

"Isabelle Short would never kill." Vision defends, "I see only light in her. Even when you control her I see good peeking out."

"Isabelle Short will be my toy again. This time she won't break through and she will not kill me as she did my mother." Amara argues, "The only people she'll murder is you."

With a snap of her fingers I am summoned and I dart toward the vulnerable crew. I feel enormous power within myself as Vision can sense, "Isabelle's power has been restored, brace yourselves. She's not herself."

Wanda stands even when hurt, red sparks from her hands, "I got this."

Vision disagrees quickly as I approach them, "You are not in the position."

"I have to stop her, I can bring her mind back!" I snap my neck evilly at the two and coldness fills my palms. I release ice toward them slowly freezing their stance. The slower the more painful.

"Ice powers?" Sam is bewildered at the sight.

"Cold Shoulder was a perfect title." Amara hums before Steve attacks her. He throws his shield and she returns the combat with weaponry. Apparently she lied about hating violence.

Wanda attempts to break the ice while vision easily glides past it unfazed, "Isabelle, it is easy for you to be corrupt right now but I assure you we will bring you home. Remember who has control, your power lies beneath the frozen grasp."

He floats toward me and I only glare, I freeze Wanda faster in order to freeze her completely which startles Vision, "Hail Hydra." And with that I send piles of snow atop the floating man.

"Isabelle, now! We've got plans." Amara takes another blow at Steve and demands me to create an escape route. I oblige by creating a slippery ice detour. We glide to where Amara orders until the avengers are specs behind us.