Change (4)

-Hinata POV-

My phone finished charging, I was wondering if I should block my parent's numbers. I was scared they'd blow up my phone.

I shut it off and leaned forward, my elbows on the table. I pulled a water bottle out of my bag and took a long sip. Staring off into the abyss, it felt like nothing was real, I don't know how that makes me feel.

I stood up and decided to go for a walk, maybe find somewhere safe to stay. I wasn't gonna risk getting robbed or beat up.

-Narrative-

After those few hours, Shouyou's mother sat there, holding back tears wondering where he was. She prayed he hasn't gone far, maybe it was a joke, or he'd come back.

Shouyou's father paced around the room trying to come up with a plan, trying to figure out what he could do next. He was too stressed to think of times he might've hurt his son, or how emotional his kid was. He didn't know if he had brought him back things would go back to the way they were, and that's what Shouyou hated.

Why did he grow to hate that life so much? To the point he'd pack up and hope to never return.

What happened?

♡♡♡

-Kageyama POV-

The next morning I sat there on my bed, staring at the wall. Wondering why I had insulted him like that, like I always do. Did I lie when I said I didn't mean it? I'd hate myself if I meant it.

I tiredly put on my socks and pulled a sweater over my head, the last few leaves were falling off the trees when I looked outside. It was pretty, I'd think that if I wasn't so consumed with this terrible feeling of regret. I hope he's at school today so I can apologize to him. I don't want to feel this way.

But is it just for me?
Do I actually want to apologize for him, or do I just not want to feel bad?

I took a deep breath and exhaled sharply as I walked downstairs to the kitchen. My mom was probably asleep so I made myself some cereal. Still thinking, I was absorbed in this. I wanted to get it done fast so everything can go back to normal.

♡♡♡

I started walking to the front doors of the school, and I glanced at the tree Hinata's bike had been chained too. I was a little surprised when the bike was gone, and so was the note. My heart started beating when I actually thought of apologizing. I didn't want to go through it but I wanted it to get done.

I walked to my locker, and the day seemed just like any other day. Everyone's life continued as it should, and I thought of what I was gonna do after my classes were over.

Grabbing all my things and walking to my first class, I sat down at my desk and closed my eyes, hoping it'd be over soon enough.

♡♡♡

After the last bell rang, I grabbed my bag and ran down the hallway. Towards the gym, other students moving out of the way fast, or almost bumping into me. I basically slammed against the door as I opened it. I slowed down and walked to the locker rooms.

Once I finished changing I walked out and towards the gym again. I was really confused when two adults stood there, one with red hair and one with blonde. I decided not to think much of it until the woman stopped me, she had blonde hair and she was quite short, kind of like, Hinata.

She then asked me a question I didn't want to hear, "You play volleyball? D-Do you know Hinata Shouyou?" my heart started racing as I got nervous, what happened? "Have you seen him?" "Why?" my look turned from confused to concerned, "He's been gone for over 24 hours, I thought he would have ran away to a friends or something.."

I thought for a second, "We're not friends, yes I know him but I haven't seen him in a while." "Oh.. thanks anyways." she stared at the ground as I walked away, "I wish I knew why he left.." I heard her whisper, her voice broke just like Hinata's did the day I yelled at him. I stopped in my tracks, and I turned around.

"He had a bad argument with another student, the last time I saw him. He took off running." I saw her flinch, and I hated to know that I was the reason he left. I hated to know that he was gone. Where did he run to? Is he alright? Is he.. dead?

The worst possible scenarios rushed through my head as she nodded and thanked me. They walked towards the front doors with a goodbye.

And I hated the way my stomach sank afterwards.
I should be angry about this.
I should be worried.

No, he did it to himself. It's not my fault and not anyone else's. He would've stayed if he was less of an idiot.

I groaned and walked back into the gym. The look of fun in my teammates eyes didn't seem to spark and make it all the more inspiring, actually, I just wanted to go home.

I just wished things would go back to how they used to be.

-Hinata POV-

"I hope nothing ever goes back to how it used to be." I giggled to myself as I locked my bike to a fence, wondering what I was gonna do next.

So far it's been boring, but not a bad kind of boring. Like the boring where you have all these things to think of, while not doing anything at all.

The sun was gonna go down soon, so I figured I'd get something to eat. I had money, so I stopped by a convinience store.

I bought an energy drink and a sandwich, the bells on the door rang as I left with a thank you.

Going to unlock my bike again.
I thought to myself,
Maybe spending time with myself wasn't as bad as it used to be.

A wide smile spread across my face, the clouds in the sky slowly clearing away. In a world where everything was so different.