4. Sunset through his eyes

Jungkook's P.O.V.

Taehyung was hooting and squealing at the same time. I know why, today we are going hot air ballooning.

To be honest, i am excited too but taehyung is more after all it's his wish.

We were going towards a big yard where a big ass hot air balloon must be waiting for us.

Taehyung looked outside, the weather was splendid. The bright yellow was fading into an orange and pink, signalling that the sun is setting. We were in my convertible and taehyung was sitting on the bonnet of the car. I already told him how unsafe it is but he never listens to me. And i gave up when he gave me those puppy eyes.

Taehyung had his hands on both the sides as he closed his eyes, feeling the breeze hitting his face as i drove.

Yes, he once again insisted that he wanted to drive the car but i denied. I don't want to burn another car of mine even if i have alot of them

He screamed as i stopped the car because we had reached the venue. He quickly got off the bonnet and ran towards the hot air balloon which was waiting for us.

I chuckled before parking my car and reaching upto him.

"This is so big! Bigger than your house!" he exclaimed as he looked up at the big balloon

"I know, now would you get inside, i can't wait longer" i said and flashed him a smile as he nodded furiously before opening the small gate and entered in.

He clutched the trolley and looked at the sacks of sand tied on the trolley.

"You know how to use a hot air balloon?" he asked me and whipped his head towards me

"No, but i learned it yesterday" i shyly rubbed the back of my nape. We could have called another instructor but to me i felt as if these people usually third wheel

And i want to spend time with tae without any discomfort or any interruption.

I didn't even know when taehyung started to seem like a habit, seeing him, looking at him, hearing his giggle and dorky and kinky, insensible words, every little thing he does.

It feels that he's the light to my darkness. He was the one living life all this time while i was busy spending life, but now he showed me how to live life, and as he said, it does feel good to do whatever you longed to do.

I lit the burner and the fire started to flare. He gasped then squealing, if he had a tail you could have seen it wagging with excitement

I chuckled before pulling the string and lighting the fire more and then we got lifted up from the ground

"Omg omg omg, we're flying in a hot air balloon, this shit is lit!" he ranted and i chuckled. I have never seen someone with such bubbly personality.

Maybe it's found in weird but unique people only, just like tae

We were slowly lifting up from the ground and taehyung peeped to see that we are high above from the ground. He quickly stepped back and gulped while i giggled

His fear still hasn't gone but he's trying to overcome it and that's what should matter.

I laid the red mat on the basket and called him to sit down. He immediately sat in front of me and i started unpacking the snacks we had brought.

He immediately dug in as soon as i opened the food basket and i chuckled before digging in, myself

We chatted, laughed and have so much fun. I lowered the fire and taehyung stood up.

And as soon as he did so, i could hear his gasp and eyes going wide

"What?" i asked, packing the things back 

"Look!" he said and pointed in front of him.

I stood up and my breath hitched.

Such beautiful sight. Breathtaking.

The sun was covered a little by the clouds which made the clouds also seem pink, i have never seen such a sight

I looked at taehyung who was looking at the sunset with big and amused eyes.

And i swear to god, i could see the reflection of the sunset in his glass like eyes.

And to be honest, sunset through his eyes was better than seeing the sunset in reality.

Because maybe i found the sunset in his eyes more fascinating than the real one.

I didn't even know i was staring at him for so long that he noticed it.

"What? Bitch stop looking at me, i know i am cute but look at that sunset. That's hella cool!" he said and his words alone made me chuckle before i looked at the sunset in front of me, getting lured into it's beauty. Feeling fantastically astonished and magical.

Author's P.O.V.

Only if he knew that even taehyung found the sunset in his eyes more fascinating than the real one.

The two watched the sunset drowning in the clouds, the hue getting darker yet they didn't want to go down because maybe they found the newly welcomed stars more beautiful than the wonders created by human on earth.

Or maybe t'was the presence of the other.

G̶o̶ ̶h̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶b̶a̶l̶l̶o̶o̶n̶i̶n̶g̶