8. Nature things, heart strings.

Jungkook's P.O.V.

Taehyung was making dinner for us while i was cutting the logs of wood to light the fire.

And i could feel a very intense gaze of taehyung over my bare chest.

I turned around to see him fangirling over my body while the water he was boiling was overflowing out of the pot

"Tae! The water!" i said and he nodded

"Yes, where is the holy water?" taehyung asked as he stared at my chest and i chuckled

"No, you silly, the water is coming out of the pot" i said and he got out of his daze before taking it off the wood handle.

He put the water in the cup, as we were eating cup noodle for "dinner" because neither of us know how to cook.

I sat beside him and took my cup and started eating my noodles while he ate his.

We both looked at the dark forest in front of us, yes it was creepy but beautiful.

We were eating our noodles while talking when we saw a mysterious light shining from the woods.

Taehyung gasped as he shifted closer to me, scared of whatever it was.

I gulped, maybe it is some wild animal. I stood up

"You stay here, i'll go and check" i said but he gasped and stood up

"N-no, i'll come with you. What if some goblin comes and eats me?" taehyung murmured as he fiddled with his fingers.

My heart throbbed inside my chest before i cleared my throat and held his hand

"Stay by my side then" i said and he nodded, a faint blush appearing over his cheeks as he tightened his grasp on my hand

We walked inside the woods, the flashlight of our phones on. I dare not speak a word before seeing what the light is about.

"Jungkook! Turn off your flashlight! Quick!" taehyung said and i was confused

"Wait why?" i asked

"Just do!" taehyung said and we switched the lights off, standing in the dark.

I don't know what is going on taehyung's mind.

Then suddenly the light started to increase, lighting up the whole forest and i gasped.

Fireflies!

Oh how could i not notice?

We stood in the middle of the forest, hands intertwined without realizing as we looked at millions of fireflies surrounding us. We had our jaws flung open as we looked at the fascinating sight in front of us. Totally enchanting.

My gaze lowered as i looked at our hands, tightly wrapped around each other's. A blush crept over my face as i averted my gaze from our hands to the fireflies.

Looking at taehyung provokes something in my heart, it's as if everything he does tugs at my heart strings.

But for now, i don't wanna focus on those uncanny feelings because i wanna fulfill taehyung's wishes and also mine.

I wanna spend time with him, all day, all night.

I looked at him and found him looking at me, but then he quickly averted his eyes. I chuckled before squeezing his hand and enjoying the show of fireflies.

After a spending a good moment with the fireflies we headed back to the tent, sad that we had to untangle our hands.

It was too late and i was feeling sleepy so i headed inside the tent with taehyung.

I plopped on the inflated mattress and sighed, feeling tired. I closed my eyes, ready to sleep when i felt someone staring at me.

I opened my eyes to see that taehyung was standing and fidgeting with his hands while looking at me weirdly.

"What happened?" i asked, forcing myself to keep my eyes open

"T-there's a problem" he muttered out

"What?" i asked

"See, actually i have a lot of fears like spiders,  and those fucking bastard lizards, height and pretty much everything and also dark and loneliness. And i kind of hug something when i sleep, a-actually when we were at the hotels, i could hug pillows but sadly i didn't bring any pillow, so not that i am forcing you and don't even think that i am lying but could you just hug me while i sleep, but i said you kind of don't have to because if you're not comfortable then i could just hug my bag and sleep but it would be kinda comfortable to hug something soft and nice but you can totally disa_" I cut taehyung's rant off.

"So you wanna hug me while sleeping?" i asked and he blushed furiously

"W-well y-yeah" he muttered out.

"Then why didn't you say it before. Come here now" i said, too tired to even know what i was saying.

He nodded slightly before taking small steps towards me and lying down on the mattress

I opened my arms, ready for him to hug me and sleep cause i was really tired but he was still hesitating

"See jungkook, you can totally disagree, i don't wanna make you uncomfortable and shit_" i cut his talk by pulling him towards me, shoving his face in my chest while caging him in my arms.

I could hear his heart beating loudly but i was in a half asleep state so i couldn't understand whether it was only one heart beating so loud or were they two.

I quickly closed my eyes, inhaling his sweet scent. Well, he actually smells so nice that sleep was drowning me.

He feels warm, it feels better than sleeping with a blanket.

We didn't tick off anything from our bucket list today but still the day was special as each day and i am sure until i am with taehyung every day would be as amazing as every other day.

I felt two arms wrapping around my waist and it caused me to smile before falling into deep slumber

"Good night tae"

"G-good night"