CHAPTER 30

Waking up in a room painted in white, and the smell of ethanol lingering in the air, memories of being locked up in the dark janitors closet came hunting Yein once again.

Just remembering the incident brings her trembling in fear and her lips to quiver.

She tried controlling her breathing but she's having a hard time, ever since her abduction it was the first time she was ever locked up in a dark room.

She was in complete darkness and it scared her more than anything else. It triggered her trauma.

Yein shut her eyes closed as memories flooded her mind once more.

"Mommy..." a young Yein helplessly called out for her mother.

In a dark room where she's kept with a blindfold covering her eyes. Both her hands and feet tied with ropes.

"Daddy.... help me.." she called once more with tears drenching the blindfold on her eyes.

She's kept in the dark room for who knows how long.

She wants to go home and spend time with her brother, playing her favorite doll house, play around on their mansion's backyard and eat her mother's cooking. And at night her father will read her favorite bedtime story.

The young Yein cried helplessly, she heard rustling sound that made her curl up into a ball as she silently cried. Afraid that her abductors might hurt her for being noisy.

She heard footsteps nearing and rustling of clothes. She trembled in fear when she felt a hand untying the knot of her blindfold and soon after days in darkness she saw a glint of light.

And a little boy looking down at her in concern.

"Are you okay?" His voice ringed in her ears like an enchanting melody.

Before everything went black.

The door opened worry streaked Sehun's face when he saw Yein trembling in fear.

Nothing else was in his mind but to gather Yein in his arms and so he did. Embracing her in his arms and whispering words to calm her down.

"I'm here Yein. You're safe."

Sehun continued to console Yein until she calmed down.

"Are you okay?" The same words that the young boy said in her memory.

It was her first time remembering such memory as she somewhat lost a few memories back when she was abducted as it was her brain's way of protecting her from her trauma.

Being lock up in a completely dark room after so many years it might've triggered some memories she lost.

She nodded her head at Sehun's question. Sehun then sighed in relief and grabbed the glass of water on the bedside table.

"Here drink some water." Carefully grabbing the water from Sehun's hands and slowly quenched her thirst.

But her mind can't help but wonder who that young boy is.

Who is he?

*

Three days after being hospitalized Yein was discharged and started undergoing counselling and therapy to make sure her condition won't get any worse.

Slowly Yein was getting back to her track thanks to her strong mentality she was able to fight the monsters from her past.

She's not completely over her phobia but she'll get there.