What in gods name

[] What in gods name []

There he was, face to face with a behemoth that's a few times bigger than the bear he and Hosea hunted. What scared him even more was the weapon it was wielding, it was some kind of huge cleaver, he could tell that the beast was set to kill due to how it looked at him with deadly intent. Then he remembered what he was thought ever since young, his hand hovered over his cattleman revolver, breathing slowed down as his eyes narrowed the beast. He was always quick on the draw and had nothing to fear, if he was to spend all of eternity battling them so be it.

"There's a good man in you Arthur, but he is wrestling with a giant. And that giant, wins, time and time again..."

Mary Linton, that girl was right, he should've left it all and be with her, instead of dying on a cliff he could've been dying on a comfortable bed and the last thing he would see is her. But if he did, then no one would've saved John, no one would've helped his family and Arthur was fine leaving the girl to be with the gang until the very end. He felt as though he was staring at all the bad deeds he did in life as the two had a stare down, the beast soon let out a gut wrenching roar and dashed towards Arthur and the moment it took a step forward, the outlaw reached for his cattlemen rifle and placed it beside his hips, he had a clear shot at it.

"Come on you bastard..."

The man whispered harshly before pressing his finger against the trigger whilst his left hand brought the hammer of the revolver down repeatedly, the first shot fired and hit the charging beast by the horn, no matter, with a slight adjustment in his posture, the next 5 shot landed directly at the Minotaurs face. As all of this happened, the outlaw did not notice that each shot he fired, his bullets would leave a blue smoke trail behind which isn't surprising since he is fighting for his fucking life right now.

As expected, the beasts skin was thick and all it did was anger it further, before Arthur got a chance to reload, the Minotaur had rammed his head against Arthur's chest, sending him flying back, the cattlemen revolver flying out of his hands. His body landed on the ground with a thud, that blow had actually knocked his breath as he scrambled to get on his feet but the pressure on his chest made it difficult as his lungs tried desperately to take in as much oxygen as it can. The next thing Arthur heard was the sound of rumbling footsteps making its way towards Arthur, he tried crawling away but knew that it was futile so he did the next best thing.

He waited

As the footsteps drew closer and closer, he could roughly feel the creatures hot breath against his back as his eyes stuck to the ground, the moment the shadow got big, he quickly turned and aimed his sawed off shotgun right in the middle of the beasts chest. If he fired this at a further range, the impact wouldn't have been nearly as damaging as it did up close and he found the barrel of his shotgun aimed directly at the center of the beasts chest. Exactly where he wanted it to be. "Eat this..." With his last words, he fired a shot as the shots echoed throughout a chamber, it was loud due to it being so enclosed but Arthur held on and fired another, and another, and another. The first two shots had already pierced the monsters chest but the subsequent shots was due to him panicking.

The Minotaur stayed still, body shaking before turning limp. "Great, I'm going to be crushed to death...I'm such a fool...." with those words, he was expecting a large weight overpowering him and crushing the air out of him but it didn't happen, instead he felt a some sort of ash wash over him as the blood spilled from the Minotaur got all over his face and beard. His eyes opened before standing up, the corpse of the Monster was nowhere to be seen and in front of him was some weird stone.

"What in gods name is this?"

He whispered before picking it up and examined it gently, some of the blood had trickled into his mouth to which the outlaw spat it out, the memory of him spitting out his own blood due to his excessive coughing was still vague in his memories and he was Glad the blood he spat out didn't belong to him. Suddenly, he heard frantic footsteps coming from where the Minotaur first appeared and he gripped the shotgun handled and pointed it at that direction in case anymore came.