A n I n t r o d u c t i o n

Emma Watson as Thea Collins (17 years old, 23rd April, 2002).
    Noah Centineo as Jax Miller (17 years old, 10th January, 2002).

~~~

    Thea is the daughter of the CEO of the B.D construction company for five years, her father, meaning her family was fairly wealthy. Despite this, Thea had never been spoiled. With her mother working in charity work, she always knew what to give to her family, and what to donate to those in need by securing donations.

    Her parents had never pressured Thea. They had never demanded that she follow the same footpath as them, though Thea knew that is what they hoped for. They didn't have anything to worry about, anyway. She was about to start her final year of high school and she still had no idea what she wanted to do when she left for college. If she still hadn't decided by the end of the year, she would either choose charity or construction. She already knew a lot about it. She had even thought about working there for her work experience so that she could ensure a good job when she grew up. But, as mentioned before, this is if she manages to choose a career path.

    Her family was humble; modest. They weren't famous, yet were well known throughout the area. They never flaunted their money, but instead shared it, wanting to do some good in the world.

    Regardless of this, Thea was very different from her family. The fact that she was as smart was the only thing they seemed to have in common, though Thea already knew that her younger brother, Lucas, was deemed to be the smartest of the family with his outstanding abundance of knowledge.  Only eight years old and he already knew so much.

    Thea must admit, though. Her parents were quite strict at times- the reason she had obtained so much knowledge herself was because her parents insisted she studied so she was ahead in her classes. She couldn't complain, though. This meant she cold daze off in class, although she would never admit this to her family.

    While her family was confident and free, Thea felt trapped and suffered from social anxiety. She couldn't go out into large crowds, something her parents did everyday when arriving for work and going to any work or friend- related events or parties. There was no doubt her parents (Cassandra and Elijah) had to be careful of what they said, not wanting to decrease business, but Thea had trouble talking and opening up to anyone.

    Her family had suggested a therapist to find out why it was she suffered from anxiety, but the very thought of sharing her feelings, much less with a stranger, was enough to send a shiver up her spine, so she was quick to refuse. The only person she knew she could confide in was her best and only friend, Maize. Granted, Maize had a few other friends, yet not too many due to her feistiness, and Thea could occasionally talk to them on a good day.

~~~

    Jax, on the other hand, was the complete opposite of Thea and her family.

    His parents (Samantha and Derek) were very strict, but Jax knew how to sneak around them. He simply lied. If he wanted to go to a party, which was forbidden in their household, he would tell his parents he was going to revise at a friend's house. And, his parents, trusting he was doing as he told them, turned a blind eye and told him to enjoy himself and to be back by midnight.

    Jax's family was not as wealthy as Thea's. Though they never struggled with money, they never had any to spare, either. His mother worked as a fashion designer earning £33,740 a year, on minimum wage. Before this, she had worked as a waitress, so she was fairly new to the whole 'fashion' idea, yet believing it wouldn't be very difficult considering she took pride in her appearance.

    His father worked in publishing. He worked at a small desk around people in the same position as him. He had to read the work sent in by aspiring authors, and deliver the work to the publisher, who can offer contracts to the author, if it seemed like a good book.

    Jax was an only child, meaning the pressure was on him to work hard; the attention never wavering away, keeping him in the spotlight for the seventeen years he had been alive. He's had mixed feelings about the spotlight. One one hand, he had been in it his entire life, meaning he was used to it. Plus, it had its uses. His parents viewed him as an angel, though he was far from it. If he wanted to, he could use it as a chance to get whatever he wanted. However, sometimes the pressure placed on his shoulders became too heavy of his weight, and he slowly felt himself collapsing beneath it. His parents never seemed to leave him alone, which could become suffocating for him.

    It's the reason he feels he must rebel from his parents. Even if they don't know about it.

~~~

I hope you enjoyed the introduction :)
This isn't a full chapter, but a filler so you can understand what Thea and Jax's lives are like, and hopefully, you will be able to understand their future actions.

I apologize if I got anything incorrect when describing the jobs. I did as much research as I could, so it shouldn't be too far off :)

This story is mainly going to be set in Thea's point of view, however if I change it, it will show _____ PoV:

Thank you for reading!