chasing fireflies

CHASING

CHASING

 FIREFLIES

written by PerkyPoodle05

review by norahbug1439

I liked the picture on your cover very much. However, I don't think the way your title looks is the best for this book. I know you said you didn't make your cover, but if you can get the graphic designer to change it, or find the image again and do it yourself, I would advise that. It just didn't pop out or grab my attention, and that's kind of what the title is meant to do. It's just a little too small and a little too plain. If you made it bigger or changed the format, the font itself would probably look fine, but right now, it just isn't working too well for me.

A description is supposed to hint at what will happen in your story, to build suspense, to engage your readers and make them want to read your first chapter. If I wasn't a reviewer, just someone looking for a story to read on Wattpad, I honestly don't know whether I would read Chasing Fireflies. This is your readers' first impression of your story, so you're going to want to make it as good as possible. All of the grammar is correct, so kudos on that, but there's not enough actual writing to give readers any sort of impression of what your story will be like. The language isn't specific and the preview of your plot isn't very precise. What's the camp's name? Who are the people? Just giving each person a sentence of description can not only make your description longer, but can be tied into your character introductions later. Since I read your author's note before beginning this review, how do the fireflies tie into them finding themselves? If you hint at this in your description, it will just tie into your story that much more, and give readers more to go on when they decide to read your book or not.

I'm going to go into my chapter by chapter feedback now, which will include my thoughts on your plot, characters, grammar, and format. I will also include any questions I may have while reading.