Chapter Three: Pennsylmania

I stared longingly into my bedroom mirror, I was fully dressed and ready for Roman. I wore a pink silk dress that flows down to my mid thigh. The dress had spaghetti straps, with white lace sewn on for design. It was a beautiful dress, but a bit revealing. I of course, didn't pick my outfit for tonight, if I did I most likely would've worn a jean overall, with a basic t-shirt. A simple outfit would have done it for me, for the amusement park tonight. Instead mother picked my outfit for me, most likely to impress Roman.

Roman...

I had a horrible feeling in my gut just thinking about him. I don't think Roman is a horrible person but I do believe that something is wrong with him.

Well if Olivia was my mother I'd probably hate my life too.

I softly giggle aloud at my lil "joke". I really shouldn't judge Olivia, but something seems off about her too. She seems too high maintenance. I wonder if it a front or is she truly that prissy.

"You look beautiful" a voice said from behind.

I turn to see none other than mother standing at my door. Her eyes were lit up, she stared at me in admiration.

"Thanks" I reply softly. I don't know how to feel about my outfit. I feel too revealing for tonight.

There was an awkward silence. It's obvious that she doesn't feel comfortable around me just yet, but she's trying.

She clears her throat loud enough to catch my attention once more. "Roman is downstairs waiting" she then averts her eyes to the floor and walks away.

It's so weird that we aren't close anymore. But I guess we just have to catch up on life.

I find myself slowly gravitating towards downstairs. Just knowing Roman is here makes the hairs on my body stick up and my stomach turn. I have no idea as to why though.

As soon as I reached downstairs I found Roman sitting on one of the sofas, nervously playing with his ring. He sat there twisting it, he didn't even notice that I was there.

I awkwardly just stood there, I cleared my throat before I spoke up "I'm ready." My eyes concentrated on the floor.

As soon as he heard my voice his head shot up and stared at me. I felt him eyeing my body, and devouring me as the seconds passed by.

He soon gets up, without speaking, he heads for the door expecting me to follow, and I do. I slowly follow him out the door.

Outside stood his beautiful red convertible. I remember freshmen year he was the only kid that actually had a car. Everywhere that car went followed attention, and Roman Godfrey loved attention. Even though he put up a front of not noticing it, but I always saw right through him.

As a true gentleman Roman is he only opened the door for himself, I wasn't bothered, but I always believed that even he had manners. Especially coming from money. They should've taught him something, right?

As soon as I sit down in the car, we drove off. The car ride was silent. There was no music, there was no speaking, even the outside world seemed quiet. So that just left me to my thoughts.

I still can't believe I'm in the same car with Roman, or that our parents practically forced us to do this together. It's like two worlds colliding, from two entirely different galaxies.

I watched as Pennsylmania came into view, I only visited here twice before. First time I was a child, I remember it perfectly. Jesse and I were running away from our parents once dad decided it was time to leave since it was getting late. And we wanted to stay, and Jesse and I ran. I remember Jesse held onto my hand and dragged me through the crowd of people. I was stumbling trying to keep up with him, he was always more athletic than I was. As a child I had a bunch of baby fat that I burned off at age twelve. And eventually I fell and scrapped my knee pretty bad. Blood dripped down leg as I sat on the ground crying. Hot tears flowed down my face, as loud screams erupted from my six year old self. Jesse, being the loyal companion he is, sat down and comforted me, until our parents finally found us which didn't take long due to all the loud cries of pain that flew out of me.