Chp 13 Count Pertus Wraiths Escort Mission (part 2)

Rachel was very excited and was darting her eyes around to look at everything including the other guards with us and the cargo. She also liked to look around at the path as she was sitting on the edge of the carriage and looking out to the scenery and the horizon.

Matthew called out to her.

"Red(Rachel) can you stop hopping around your making the carriage shake, they're going to kick us off at this rate."- Matthew.

Hearing this Rachel stopped jumping around on her seat but still looked around excitedly.

"You worry too much Blue(Matthew), I was just looking around."- Rachel.

"I know but you were going to knock me off at that rate."- Matthew.

"I know, I know, i stopped right."- Rachel said to Matthew while pouting but soon put on a smile.

She addressed all of us.

"So what do you guys think Metol will be like. I know Eden, the city the famous magic academy is famous for magic items but I heard that Metol is a large trading city with a port. It also has some really nice imported jewellery and clothes."- Rachel.

"Hmm.. I think it will be interesting I heard that the city is quite large but has a lot of relaxing places like fountains and squares and areas of trees and green even in the middle of the city."- Shane.

"There will probably be a lot of cool weapon shops and blacksmiths right? There will be a lot of talent and awesome things in such a big city."- Luke.

"I think there will be a lot of street performances and entertainment as well."- Hyxel.

"Yes I believe that such a big trading city will have all of those things. What about you, Black(Azrail), White(Esteel) anything you might find interesting."- Matthew.

"Yes, I believe that the trade routes and the connections the people will have will be interesting, I believe that such a city will have a lot of information and different customs as well."- Esteel.

"I think the people will be different."- Me.

We had a lot of conversations about Metol and what it will be like. A bird landed down next to us, it was a little robin. It came over towards me and nearly pecked my feet. Esteel give it a deathly cold stare and the bird flew out of sight. The others saw how protective Esteel was over me and thought it was cute. Esteel contacted me through telepathy and said.

"Master someone has sent a contracted beast to try and see your guild card in your pocket that has nearly fell out of your cloak. It seems that they don't know how to appraise since they didn't just appraise you and even if they did they would just see your fake one. I also don't sense any killing intent from it so it would seem that we're safe for now but we should keep our guards up."- Esteel.

"I see I also sensed some sort of essence connection to Alban is it his contracted."- Me.

After a small pause Esteel replied.

"I just tried to push my essence towards Alban to see if it would let me contract with him, don't worry I wouldn't even if I could break our contract since you're more powerful anyway and I shall never break my promise to you. It seems it wouldn't let me become a second familiar to him which means he has one already, I made sure he didn't notice anything though. I can't tell for sure if the Robin was with him though but young master said so, so it is most likely contracted to him. I am impressed young master even I couldn't tell that it was him."- Esteel.

"It might be because I can sense essence really well, I can track it." - Me.

"Very good I knew I picked someone brilliant, anyways you really should put your card back in your pocket but it would be suspicious if Alban suspected you knew what he was after. Maybe if you were to mess up the position of the cloak and as a servant I would need to fix it for you?"- Esteel.

"Sounds like a good plan."- Me.

I moved my shoulders around a bit and my cloak moved to a weird position obstructing some of my vision so I slowed down. As Esteel 'noticed' this he came over and fixed my cloak and also reached to my side where the card was and then reached behind my back to where my back to where there was secret pocket and he put the card in the pocket.

-

The rest of of the group saw this as Esteel looking after Azrail carefully and being so close to a hug. Rachel looked like she was about to scream at how 'cute' it looked even though the both of them didn't look so much cute as they did hot. The other guys seemed to stare absently at it a bit happy that they seemed so close to each other. Some of the guys were blushing a bit and Luke seemed quite happy as the chances of Rachel being stolen had gone done quite a bit. Esteel nodded to Azrail seriously and Azrail nodded back which confirmed that the card was safe in the pocket, although the group seemed to miss this.

-

We cotinued on for a while. Esteel was especially on guard after the Robin but was being discreet as to not alert Alban it seemed that I was the only one who noticed. We finally got to the place where we were going to spend the night. Each party usually had its on space and the single members either joined with another party so they could join in the watch rotation, with someone else from the party so said party wouldn't be vulnerable and the single member could also get some sleep without having to sleep with one eye open or the single member would sleep close to a party, not close enough to be a threat but enough to alert them if danger was close to that party, it also meant they had to sleep half awake though since they can't rely on only being a bit close to a party.

We have a lot of people in our group so we will a decent amount of sleep at least. Everyone spaced out like they usually would in this situation, no single members came to us, it seems they didn't trust us. We did all have masks on though. We were near a tree so we had a bit of shelter, Rachel slept against the tree, Shane a few feet to the left of her with his head against a root and Luke to the right of her who took off his cloak to us as a pillow like Rachel, Matthew and Hyxel had done with their cloaks. There was a small campfire in between the three of them a bit further out so the heat reached out to Matthew and Hyxel as well. Matthew was front of Shane and a bit in front of the fire and Hyxel was in front of Luke and a bit in front if the fire. Me and Esteel were at the left side of the tree a bit further away from Rachel and thee warm fire it was also behind Shane. Esteel was lying down using a root as a pillow with his back against the tree and I lay kinda perpendicular to him and used his stomach as a pillow and stole his cloak which he gave to me as a blanket while I was still wearing mine.

I couldn't take out my pillows and blankets from my space in front of the others because it would bring up to many questions and well Esteels stomach was a lot more comfortable then a root or a cloak pillow so I had no complaints. It fuelled my friends about the ship that they had made but I was too tired to care. We had only just had dinner a while ago but the meat was dry and the bread was hard. The caravan said that they could only store this for the guards because the actual cargo took up most of the space and it was easier to store that way and they wanted to take as much cargo as they could.

I didn't want to eat that so I asked if I could buy some ingredients from their goods they agreed and I made food my self. My friends all said that they would pay for ingredients for them if I cooked them some food. I said that I would so I did, they were all thoroughly surprised at how well I cooked even Esteel who's food I made a bit more rare done but still cooked.

They didn't realise that I could cook so well, they asked about it and I told them that I cooked a lot for the people around me back in my village and I got good at it. I did cook a lot for my family, well before they died and before I died. I seemed to get a bit gloomier about it after that and Esteel noticed and changed the topic to sleeping arrangements. The others caught on since Esteel never really started a conversation other than to or for me. I just ignored the topic change and started to put down the cooking spit I made from a strong branch.

After that I woke up the next the morning to find something a bit surprising.