Chapter 4: The Decision

It was a few months later after Webber and Sam passed, now it was just Kilgore, Mary, and his wife, Carol and their five-year old son, Harold. Kilgore and Carol met a little while after he joined Morgan. Carol was a working girl and she took to Kilgore in seconds and he to her. She fancied the way Kilgore looked. He had scars above his left eye from a cougar attack when he was thirteen, Kilgore also bared a knife scar across his right cheek he has acquired in a bar fight. She liked rough around the edge men. Kilgore took to her because of how beautiful she is. He always said he reminded her of the angels his momma told him about. She looked angelic to him.

"Alright everyone, it's time to make a decision. Either stick with the gang, what's left of it and act like ghosts or start a civilized life", Kilgore said. Mary has always dreamt of a civilized life but didn't think she'd have one, she liked to write short stories about how much she wanted to live like a normal women and have normal things to do that didn't involve robbing. Carol liked the outlaw life as did Kilgore to a degree.

"You know what? Tomorrow, I will make a new life for myself. I've always wanted it. Maybe I'll run my own little fruit stand or marry a rich man!" Mary said in an excited voice. Carol squinted angrily at her husband. "Kilgore, come here" she said. "Why're you doing this?! You know this life is the only life for us! Harold may have a chance but we don't! Especially you!" Carol yelled angrily. Kilgore sighed, "look, we need to do something with our life other than robbing! The boy needs to know something else! He needs to know there's more to life than this shit!" Carol sobbed a bit, "you're right. Alright, let's try it".